• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cloning larger HDD to smaller one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning larger HDD to smaller one

Background: Win10 system disk is 2TB but the boot partition is only 200Gb with the rest (now) unallocated. The machine also has a blank 280Gb disk in it.

How can I move the MBR and 200Gb partition to the other disk so that it's fully bootable if I remove the current drive?

Clonezilla is not allowing even with the "-icds" options selected.
    AOMEI Backupper not allowing me to clone unless I buy the full registered version as the required functionality isn't included in the free trial or free version.

Any ideas on how to achieve this without having to reinstall Win10 or spending any money?

TIA Pondy

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Background: Win10 system disk is 2TB but the boot partition is only 200Gb with the rest (now) unallocated. The machine also has a blank 280Gb disk in it.

How can I move the MBR and 200Gb partition to the other disk so that it's fully bootable if I remove the current drive?

Clonezilla is not allowing even with the "-icds" options selected.
    AOMEI Backupper not allowing me to clone unless I buy the full registered version as the required functionality isn't included in the free trial or free version.

Any ideas on how to achieve this without having to reinstall Win10 or spending any money?

TIA Pondy
    Easus Partition manager? Can't be sure if the home\trial edition will do this or if it's a paid for option..

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
      Easus Partition manager? Can't be sure if the home\trial edition will do this or if it's a paid for option..
      Doesn't allow me to apply changes unless I buy it.

Comment

Pondy, slightly off topic but.. are you coming to the xmas do?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[Official] Macrorit Partition Managers | Bootable Portable Partition Manager

should do it

Comment

Thought that might be the case :-(

Comment

Migrate OS is only available in the paid versions

Comment

Migrate OS is only available in the paid versions
                I used 'clone disk' to move my win10 to an SSD (had to copy stuff off to downsize it first, but it worked ok)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Pondy, slightly off topic but.. are you coming to the xmas do?
                  Very doubtful at the moment fella.

Comment

Very doubtful at the moment fella.
                    Bah... This make me glum.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X