• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone elses free Meraki licences coming to an end?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the same boat - I have an AP and switch - those licenses are too steep for home use - currently looking at just buying a new AP and packing up the meraki kit. It was a good run.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
      In the same boat - I have an AP and switch - those licenses are too steep for home use - currently looking at just buying a new AP and packing up the meraki kit. It was a good run.
      Which switch do you have? For what it costs the AP's licences are about £50 a year when buying a three year licences, more than worth it (IMHO) as the hardware is a step above the consumer stuff on the market.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Which switch do you have? For what it costs the AP's licences are about £50 a year when buying a three year licences, more than worth it (IMHO) as the hardware is a step above the consumer stuff on the market.
        I know this wasn't directed at me but I was only using it to shore up the lads Playstation as running a cable across the room was problematic. I'll just be putting one of my old BT units in instead.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I know this wasn't directed at me but I was only using it to shore up the lads Playstation as running a cable across the room was problematic. I'll just be putting one of my old BT units in instead.
          Why not Homeplugs if that is all you need?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Why not Homeplugs if that is all you need?
            I'd have to buy home plugs and I've got BT boxes spare. I've also got a network point in the room but nowhere near the PlayStation so wireless was the best option. Not allowed run a cable. Had to be the best it could for his gaming because his mates had really good FPS and they were beating him. All the fault of lag apparently

Comment

Got rid of my switch already, but looks like Meraki still do the webinar for a free switch - Cisco Meraki Webinars

Comment

bump

NLUK did you end up reusing your kit? About to renew the licences for the kit I have so if anyone has a spare one in need of a home I'll take it off your hands

Comment

Isn't it better to cut your losses with something like Ubiquity, that doesn't require ongoing licensing?

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Isn't it better to cut your losses with something like Ubiquity, that doesn't require ongoing licensing?
                    Mebbe, but the Cisco kit has been rock solid and any hardware failures have been replaced no questions (I assume because they make the money on the licences)

Comment

bump

NLUK did you end up reusing your kit? About to renew the licences for the kit I have so if anyone has a spare one in need of a home I'll take it off your hands
                      Erm. No. I sent it to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X