• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Folder Lock executable file corrupted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folder Lock executable file corrupted

I recently created a USB portable locker using Folder Lock , the size is 2.9gb so there is no separate locker file-only a single .exe file which is password protected. Suddenly, yesterday while i was using this file my windows crashed and showed blue screen with some pointer error. Now if i try to run that exe file, it says it cannot be run because its corrupted. It has some important files, any help will be appreciated. Please note I am using latest version of Folderlock and windows 10 64bit. I do remember my password, the problem is to get this file to run. I have tried running this exe file in admin mode also, have tried changing few things in regedit plus also tried using 3rd party softwares like easeUS data recovery. The files recovered from there has the same error. I am just looking to recover the data inside this exe file which is protected by folder lock.

download folder lock and try again with an non-corrupted exe
    Data Security & Protection Software - NewSoftwares.net

Then. If that works. Unencrpyt all the data and use Bitlocker instead. And backup to the cloud.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      download folder lock and try again with an non-corrupted exe
      Data Security & Protection Software - NewSoftwares.net

Then. If that works. Unencrpyt all the data and use Bitlocker instead. And backup to the cloud.
      I get the impression that the problem isn't the original program being corrupted, but that it works by creating a .exe file containing the encrypted data, presumably one that offers some kind of user interface to retrieve its contents when executed.

But maybe you can point the original at the broken archive and it can do something with it. Worth a try.

ADDED: there are some instructions down at the bottom of this page that might help do something like that, under "How do I edit, copy/move, or delete a portable Locker?": How to Password Protect USB/CD?
      Last edited by NickFitz; 7 January 2019, 18:39.

Comment

(cough) Lovely weather we are having innit.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 7 January 2019, 18:47.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X