• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SEO - Google not showing main page

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO - Google not showing main page

Did a simple 3 main page website for a relative who sells sculptures, pages have images which you can click to show a detail page.

Url is hernamesculptures.com. If I do a search for "her name sculptures" it shows the detail pages about a single sculpture but not the index page or other main pages. SEO is not an issue generally as the site only really needs to be found by people she knows or has contacted but they need to go straight to her main pages without typing in exact URL.

Got all pages in sitemap with appropriate priorities, title, description etc in headers and "Her Name Sculptures" in H1.

Any SEO sorts think of a reason? Ta.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Have you tried siteurl) to see how many pages have been indexed?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Try and get some links to the site from directories or other sites that you can get a link from. Make sure the home page is the one you link to and then Google should start to favour the site's home page rather than an internal page.

Comment

I'm I the only one who just looked for hernamesculptures.com

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          He's a clever lad that xoggoth.

Comment

Cheers all.

There are a small number of sites, mainly art groups she belongs to, that could link to there. Will ask her to talk to them.

Did google site:www.annoyingsistercrap.com and all the pages came up in expected order.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's a hidden monster in www.annoyingsistercrap.com MS. Visit that and you may never be seen again.
              bloggoth

Comment

No

Might buy the domain and whack some ads up to capture the valuable traffic xog's inadvertently sent that way

Comment

I was told her name was "groan". If you insist on looking that up, do it from your personal device.

Comment

Working...
                  X