• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office 365 alternatives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office 365 alternatives

My renewal is due in may. £265 nah.

Any alternatives for cheaper/free? Problem is I use a fair bit of space on onedrive which I think is part of the deal?

How to migrate off? I really don't want to lose any email. Easiest way to archive to pst in outlook and do that way?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Any alternatives for cheaper/free? Problem is I use a fair bit of space on onedrive which I think is part of the deal?

How to migrate off? I really don't want to lose any email. Easiest way to archive to pst in outlook and do that way?
    Why are you using Home & Business? Does it offer anything more than Home for £79.99?

Comment

Are you using OneDrive because you need to share all the files with multiple devices not connected to the same network, because you don’t like hard drives, or because you think you must?

As for alternatives to MS Office, there’s still Libre and OpenOffice. Both free.
      You may find your broadband provider or you phone software comes with cloud storage that you’re not using, and maybe you need to manage your files a bit better.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

OneDrive alone surely can be had quite cheaply... what else are you getting for that price as it sounds a lot. Is that per year?!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That’s what I can’t quite figure out. I have Home 365, £79.99 a year, 6 users with 1Tb of OneDrive space each.

The downside is that you can only have one OneDrive linked to your Windows account, but if you want (say) 2Tb of space available then just set up a second Live account, create the OneDrive account online, create a folder in it, and share the folder with your main account.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Why are you using Home & Business? Does it offer anything more than Home for £79.99?
            Dunno. I think at the time I had a special offer - it wasnt £200+

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Are you using OneDrive because you need to share all the files with multiple devices not connected to the same network, because you don’t like hard drives, or because you think you must?

As for alternatives to MS Office, there’s still Libre and OpenOffice. Both free.
              You may find your broadband provider or you phone software comes with cloud storage that you’re not using, and maybe you need to manage your files a bit better.
              As a backup and its nice to have files accessible from anywhere...

Comment

I don't know if you are a developer, but if you buy the action pack subscription you get office 365. Up to 5 licenses etc. I have 4 email domains on it now. You also get Azure credits if that floats your boat.

Comment

I have just started an office 365 business premium subscription for £11.50 a month per user. Get all the office apps (5 installs) including an exchange server, sharepoint, 1TB in OneDrive and loads of other toys.
                  Last edited by BlueSharp; 14 March 2019, 13:09.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

As a backup and its nice to have files accessible from anywhere...

This is like pulling teeth, or answering a newbie who asks about tax, but actually wants to know if they can get a free holiday on expenses.

OK...

1. How much space do you need for your backups?

And totally separate to the above requirement:
                    2. How much space do you need for the files you want to be accessible from anywhere?

3. Who is your broadband provider?
                    4. What smartphone do you use?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X