• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodaphone fibre broadband - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    According to the Vodafone comparison page the Sky one is £33 so you must have a bad deal. Ring their customer retention team and tell them you are thinking about going to someone else unless they can do something for you.

Also the £26 Voda offer is for existing mobile users but yours will be in the company name won't they so you won't quality?
    Vodaphone offer includes home phone too. Its extra on top with Sky again...

I am existing vodaphone customer. Currently not in company name.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I'd stick with BT/Plusnet. It's also worth considering switching each time your contract is up, it can save you money and get you the latest gear.

Also, I hear that Vodafone is not great for contractors as there are parking issues.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        you can certainly do this with BT's Home Hub 5, although most devices are displayed as MAC addresses and when you have about 20 it's a little tricky to figure out which is which so i end up not bothering
        Same with sky router.

Little tulipe teenage son surpassed my expectations by working out he could change his mac address. Now if only he applied himself like this on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Vodaphone offer includes home phone too. Its extra on top with Sky again...

I am existing vodaphone customer. Currently not in company name.
          If you are so intent on saving a few pounds here and there why isn't the phone in the company name?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            If you are so intent on saving a few pounds here and there why isn't the phone in the company name?
            Used to be. Im inside IR35 now if you remember and have been at current client for last two years. All done via umbrella these days....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Also, I hear that Vodafone is not great for contractors as there are parking issues.
              POTD
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hmmm. So you can restrict the wifi to certain times but NOT wired connections it seems (used ethernet over power adaptors).

Need another solution it seems... Any ideas?

The battle continues. In the blue corner we have adging, piss taking teenager who constantly tries it on, in the red corner we have Dad who can;t be arsed to check hes off PC at certain time every night.

Comment

Hmmm. So you can restrict the wifi to certain times but NOT wired connections it seems (used ethernet over power adaptors).

The battle continues. In the blue corner we have adging, piss taking teenager who constantly tries it on, in the red corner we have Dad who can;t be arsed to check hes off PC at certain time every night.
                  cancel it. Use 4G for your own purposes. And teenager can earn some money to pay for it himself.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Do you really need the EOP at all times?

if not just unplug it when needed... or even get a second set and have him on that and just unplug his EOP as needed.

Or

Comment

I am thinking about Business Broadband. The offer is Virgin £42 + VAT per month with £50 one time set up for 350 MB line. The near BT and Vodafone are less than 100 MB and little cheaper. Am I missing anything why Virgin is way ahead and others aren’t?

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X