• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodaphone fibre broadband - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodaphone fibre broadband - any good?

Hmm, sky is costing me £45, Vodaphone would be £26.

Seem the router has good reviews and I like being able to turn internet off to individual devices.

Some of the service seems a bit ropey though.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Seem the router has good reviews and I like being able to turn internet off to individual devices.

IMO use BT/Plusnet as they have probably the best backhaul other than professional (expensive) providers.
    Plusnet offer a guaranteed speed and are just BT but with a Sheffield accent.
    Buy your own router to have the features you desire. You're looking for VDSL capable for the BT FTTC offering.

Vodafone
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I was with Vodafone, can't fault the broadband, moved to EE at the end of my contract because it was cheaper.

Be warned though, they ask for their router back after your contract is up so keep all the crap that comes with it as they threaten to charge you £72 which would wipe out an entire month JSA
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You've been able to do that on the BT router for as long as I can remember. Do providers really give you routers you can't do that on?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I
          Be warned though, they ask for their router back after your contract is up so keep all the crap that comes with it as they threaten to charge you £72 which would wipe out an entire weeks JSA
          FTFY. Don't you take any notice? Call yourself a bleedin contractor?

Comment

Hmm, sky is costing me £45, Vodaphone would be £26..
            According to the Vodafone comparison page the Sky one is £33 so you must have a bad deal. Ring their customer retention team and tell them you are thinking about going to someone else unless they can do something for you.

Also the £26 Voda offer is for existing mobile users but yours will be in the company name won't they so you won't quality?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              According to the Vodafone comparison page the Sky one is £33 so you must have a bad deal. Ring their customer retention team and tell them you are thinking about going to someone else unless they can do something for you.

Also the £26 Voda offer is for existing mobile users but yours will be in the company name won't they so you won't quality?
              maybe it's like your gas and electricty. On a coin meter if you're on benefits.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You've been able to do that on the BT router for as long as I can remember. Do providers really give you routers you can't do that on?
                you can certainly do this with BT's Home Hub 5, although most devices are displayed as MAC addresses and when you have about 20 it's a little tricky to figure out which is which so i end up not bothering

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                  you can certainly do this with BT's Home Hub 5, although most devices are displayed as MAC addresses and when you have about 20 it's a little tricky to figure out which is which so i end up not bothering
                  arp is your friend.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I was with Vodafone, can't fault the broadband, moved to EE at the end of my contract because it was cheaper.

Be warned though, they ask for their router back after your contract is up so keep all the crap that comes with it as they threaten to charge you £72 which would wipe out an entire month JSA
                    Yeh I heard they ask for the router back - no problems with that. I've got 3/4 old routers in a cupboard from sky/BT.

One weeks JSA BTW that is.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X