• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who hosts you private and business email inbox?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hosts you private and business email inbox?

With more and more stuff online, who do you trust to host your email server?

If you email accounts were compromised someone could gain access to most of your online accounts by resetting passwords etc. Therefore a totally secure and reliable host is a must.

So wondering who you trust with email hosting? Your ISP, Microsoft, Google?

I'm just about to move my email accounts from my domain hosting (who I am moving away from all together) to Microsoft
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have the Microsoft Partner Action Pack subscription, which I've had for years, and it comes with 5 x E3 licenses that I use for all my email, so I'm fully O365 signed up now.

Works well enough for me. Not had any down time issues, the spam filtering/release of false positives has improved a lot. It's handy to have the web access even though I tend to use Outlook on my laptop for the most part. Integrates well with mobile email apps.

There's lots of tweaking you can do in the admin portal to get things running how you like. It's handy for when a client asks about one of the O365 products and I can fire it up to have a poke about to demo options (which is the point of the subscription!).

I don't necessarily say I trust Microsoft any more than any other cloud provider. It's more that I know the product.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have the Microsoft Partner Action Pack subscription, which I've had for years, and it comes with 5 x E3 licenses that I use for all my email, so I'm fully O365 signed up now.

Works well enough for me. Not had any down time issues, the spam filtering/release of false positives has improved a lot. It's handy to have the web access even though I tend to use Outlook on my laptop for the most part. Integrates well with mobile email apps.

There's lots of tweaking you can do in the admin portal to get things running how you like. It's handy for when a client asks about one of the O365 products and I can fire it up to have a poke about to demo options (which is the point of the subscription!).

I don't necessarily say I trust Microsoft any more than any other cloud provider. It's more that I know the product.
        Why do you have the Action Pack over say an Business Office 365 subscription? Most that you get with an E5 licence I'd imagine you don't use
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Why do you have the Action Pack over say an Business Office 365 subscription? Most that you get with an E5 licence I'd imagine you don't use
          Habit more than anything. I used quite a lot of the action pack when I used the server software and built my own kit. The office and OS licenses are useful, as is the monthly Azure credit for running a virtual SQL server etc.

Comment

Office 365 for all of it.
            As someone who works with O365 a lot it also helps to have my own tenancy to play about with and get ahead with new updates/features before the clients so I can better inform them on whats coming.

Comment

Office 365 again because of the Action Pack.

Comment

Business - O365 (Action pack licenses) for 6+ years, zero issues with the e-mail side of it. LtdCo website hosted on Azure instance paid for with the MAP credits.
                Personal - Gmail - main personal account for 15ish years (since early beta) and a host of throwaway / role specific accounts. Easy to use, reliable, as for the data slurping - given the fact that ~80% of my private correspondence is with gmail mailboxes, they will get my data one way or another.

Have been contemplating the move to own/hosted mail server, but the hassle around managing white/black lists and spam filters is just not worth the agro IMHO

Comment

Office 365 - the professionals choice

Comment

I use Google Apps for Work.
                    I have an old version of Office so no need for O365, yet.

Gmail works lovely on my Android phone and I get 1 email address on my own domain for £2.54 a month.
                    Includes 30GB shared Google storage.
                    Domain renewal is each year and costs about £9.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                    Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Working...
                    X