Reasonably priced 1-2 user PM tool including gantts? Reasonably priced 1-2 user PM tool including gantts?
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

My post count is Majestic

Default Reasonably priced 1-2 user PM tool including gantts?

Mrs d000hg is starting a business after planning permission was granted recently. I suggested she might look at some PM software to organise tasks and in particular, might find an old-fashioned gantt chart useful to maintain a big-picture view of the launch and projected completion date.

I've used a few tools aimed at software development but gantts are far less popular in the world of agile, and anyway I'm not sure a traditional project would be best-suited to the likes of Jira (plus if we have to use Jira we might divorce!)

It's really only for 1-2 users so any recommendations on something that is intuitive, not tulip, and doesn't come with an enterprise price-point? This is just to plan the business set-up, until opening-day.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Mrs d000hg is starting a business after planning permission was granted recently. I suggested she might look at some PM software to organise tasks and in particular, might find an old-fashioned gantt chart useful to maintain a big-picture view of the launch and projected completion date.

I've used a few tools aimed at software development but gantts are far less popular in the world of agile, and anyway I'm not sure a traditional project would be best-suited to the likes of Jira (plus if we have to use Jira we might divorce!)

It's really only for 1-2 users so any recommendations on something that is intuitive, not tulip, and doesn't come with an enterprise price-point? This is just to plan the business set-up, until opening-day.

Thanks.
    i saw a guy i in the office using something called "Office Timeline" yesterday and looked like a good tool,

it's a Powerpoint add on, you can create a high level plan on a page with key milestones and it plots it out for you on a presentable slide, haven't used it myself yet but looked pretty cool, certainly would save tonnes of time manually creating Gnatt charts in a slide for presentations

if you don't want to go low level and purchase MS Project then try Liquid Planner, that's pretty decent too

Super poster

Trello might something worth looking into. It's user friendly though may not have all the PM features your wife needs. It's not MS project but I've found it useful for organising projects and tasks.

Some things in Moderation

Try Planner in a Box.

It’s free and if you want loads of PM templates they’ll cost you much less than M$ Project. I got them and am very happy with them.

Super poster

A really old copy of PMWB!

I used to love the Leather Filofax that came free with the license.

Oh those halcyon days...

Failing that, spring for Microsoft Project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.