• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Increasing height of garage ceiling.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Carry on...
    yes it was.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Any ideas or direction would help.
      How about just focusing on the 19th hole.. ..?

Comment

Sounds like you could lower the floor by installing a pit.

Always useful when changing the oil.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Is it a single or double garage?
          How many trusses are there supporting the roof?
          What is the pitch of the trusses?
          If you didn't play golf in high heels, would you still need the extra height?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            It's a pitched roof. I want to avoid raising the height of the garage. So it needs to be an internal change.
            consult an architect I'd say, or at least a recommended builder. Altering a roof is a risky business and needs expert assessment. However, creating an A truss from a triangle truss might be your best option.

Comment

It won't improve your golf. You need to get out there on the course. If three hours playing a week doesn't work, neither will 20 hours.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                It won't improve your golf. You need to get out there on the course. If three hours playing a week doesn't work, neither will 20 hours.
                I disagree, but thank you for your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  consult an architect I'd say, or at least a recommended builder. Altering a roof is a risky business and needs expert assessment. However, creating an A truss from a triangle truss might be your best option.
                  I might have to or an engineer to do the calculations.

Comment

Working...
                  X