• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

switch from icloud to google photos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switch from icloud to google photos

The mrs has decided to switch from iPhone to Android.
    She currently has over 10,000 photos in her icloud account and about 2000 videos.

Anyone know the easiest way to move these across?
    At the moment I am thinking to sync all the photos onto my laptop with the icloud app, then download the google sync app and sync them up to google photos?

MU

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    She currently has over 10,000 photos in her icloud account and about 2000 videos.

At the moment I am thinking to sync all the photos onto my laptop with the icloud app, then download the google sync app and sync them up to google photos?

MU
    Check if you'd have to pay for storage. The Pixel will come with free photo storage otherwise you have a 15GB free limit before you need to pay.

Yes, I would sync the way you suggest. Not aware of apple and Google having any friendly interfaces!

Comment

MU
      Just leave them in iCloud.
      Then when she realises that android’s are bab it’ll save you the effort transferring back.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Just leave them in iCloud.
        Then when she realises that android’s are bab it’ll save you the effort transferring back.
        I have been trying to get her to move onto Android for ages.
        Not a fan of iCrap and hopefully now that shes off it, she sees how much better android is as well

Comment

I have been trying to get her to move onto Android for ages.
          Not a fan of iCrap and hopefully now that shes off it, she sees how much better android is as well
          Hahahahaha.

Rod for your own back you have made.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I think you're right. I'm just in the process of ditching Dropbox and using iCloud instead, with Google as a second backup, so downloading and uploading to and from this and that is all I've been doing for several days. The iCloud app on PC is super-slow.

As for Android... :-)

Comment

Are they only in iCloud or on her iPhone too? IF the latter, just have her install google photo app and sync from the iPhone.

Otherwise your method would work too.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                Are they only in iCloud or on her iPhone too? IF the latter, just have her install google photo app and sync from the iPhone.

Otherwise your method would work too.
                Only about 2k on the phone. Rest is in iCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  The iCloud app on PC is super-slow.
                  This. I dont understand why it is so slow. I think it may only run when my machine is idle.

Comment

This. I dont understand why it is so slow. I think it may only run when my machine is idle.
                    (1) it's definitely worth a reboot
                    (2) Mine speeded up considerably once Google Drive had finished its work. I wonder if iCloud only uses the network when it's fairly quiet (I was downloading iCloud and Google drive to the same PC simultaneously)

Comment

Working...
                    X