• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick and Dirty email server.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick and Dirty email server.....

I used to used Google for any domains that I wanted an email address for, but turns out their free offering is closed and I am coming to the limit on the number of domains I can use there without having to start to pay.

Whats a quick and dirty way for me to get a free email server, when I host the domains my self in azure webhosting. I don't need anything fancy, even the ability to redirect to another email address will do the job.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Linux and Postfix. It's free.

Although you'd be better off with O365. You only pay per mailbox, and no mailboxes is free.
    You can have one user mailbox and many free shared mailboxes.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Although you'd be better off with O365. You only pay per mailbox, and no mailboxes is free.
      And, you can have multiple domains all going through a single mailbox. So you still only pay for the one.

Comment

Why do you need a separate server for quick and dirty emails? Can't you use the same method you use for your normal emails?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

+1 for this approach.

I use iRedMail - Free, Open Source Mail Server Solution running on an Ubuntu distro and have done for the last 9 years.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Why do you need a separate server for quick and dirty emails? Can't you use the same method you use for your normal emails?
            Or perhaps a miss-type and he needs a

Quick and dirty female server

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Bluehost are offering hosting + email for £2.5/m for 1 Domain and 50Gb, or £4.5/m for unlimited with bells and whistles. Valid for "only" 36m

Use one of the billion affiliation links floating around to get the discount:

Best Website Hosting Services 2019 - WordPress Hosting - Bluehost

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                MyCo emails are with O365, however this is for clients who I offer web hosting for, at first they didn't ask for email but now one has.

I am moving it all to ISPConfig Hosting Control Panel which means each client can have their own email service but just need something to tide me over as Google Domain is no longer accepting new accounts on it's free plan
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X