Application screen mock ups Application screen mock ups
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Super poster

Default Application screen mock ups

What do the learned collective use for creating decent looking mock ups?

I'd like to create something that's a bit better than some dodgy PowerPoint shapes.

Doesn't have to be free, more interested in good functionality.

TIA

Some things in Moderation

Enterprise Architect does that kind of thing, but I'm sure that there'll be sexier stuff out there.

Fingers like lightning

I use Balsamic for quick and dirty wire-framing. If you want something more pretty, but it requires more skill take a look at axure.com. I have heard good things about Fluid UI but not yet used it.

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    What do the learned collective use for creating decent looking mock ups?

I'd like to create something that's a bit better than some dodgy PowerPoint shapes.

Doesn't have to be free, more interested in good functionality.

TIA
    Depends what you want out of it and how much you want to put in, most have a steep learning curve.

Sketch, Axure, Adobe InDesign/AdobeXD, Invision
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Should post faster

Balsamiq if you're okay with low-fidelity mock-ups

Axure if you need pixel perfect mock-ups

Super poster

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm just looking for something relatively simple that can show 'what's in my head' as user stories and process maps only go so far for the stakeholders. A picture tells a thousand words, so they say.

Currently having a play with MockFlow which seems ok but, I agree, the likes of AdobeXD requires a bit more knowledge and had me scratching my head a bit!

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm just looking for something relatively simple that can show 'what's in my head' as user stories and process maps only go so far for the stakeholders. A picture tells a thousand words, so they say.

Currently having a play with MockFlow which seems ok but, I agree, the likes of AdobeXD requires a bit more knowledge and had me scratching my head a bit!
    Another Balsamiq user here. Have mocked up entire system designs using it. Quite clunky but very quick.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...