• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sweet spot for refurbished iPhone as second handset for business use?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Just get a duel sim phone - job done

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    so they can fight each other at dawn?

Sent from my arse using sphincter control you twat.

Comment

Sweet spot for refurbished iPhone as second handset for business use?

I’ve just replaced my iPhone 6 battery for £30. Now it’s back to its old self.

Well worth it.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

6se is the same size as the 5 but runs current os

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
          Size definitely matters. I like a phone that fits in a front jeans pocket when I'm down the pub and doesn't give me a hernia when I sit down.

This also requires that the phone isn't too precious that a few scratches and dings from keys or coins in the same pocket give me more concern than a shrug. So a refurb sounds ideal as it's already gone through that period where you're over sensitive about damaging a new piece of kit.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Just get a duel sim phone - job done
            Nope. I want the excuse that I left the business phone at home when I don't want to be contactable so don't have to do the 'drug dealer ignoring phone in Pulp Fiction' impression when I'm out and about.

Also, for things like going on holiday where I can easily leave work behind without faffing about with sim cards.

Also, having a personal only phone means it's easy to see I'm not being distracted by work when that matters, or vice versa.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
              No such thing as a 6se.

5SE is 4.87in/128.3mm long
              6 and 6s are 5.44in/138.3mm long

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                No such thing as a 6se.

5SE is 4.87in/128.3mm long
                6 and 6s are 5.44in/138.3mm long

I presume the 6se meant the iPhone SE that was launched between the 6s and 7 according to wikipedia and is the same size as the 5.

Soon to be replaced with the SE 2 out next year for those of us not into 'phablets'.

Comment

can you easily turn the automatic sig off in iPhones?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    can you easily turn the automatic sig off in iPhones?
                    I can.

Can you easily turn off fingerprint recognition on a Samsung Galaxy?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I can.

Can you easily turn off fingerprint recognition on a Samsung Galaxy?
                      you can? - can you educate the twat wot can't then?

dunno, don't have a samsung.

Comment

Working...
                      X