• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheapest PAYG mobile broadband?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest PAYG mobile broadband?

Currently using Vodafone PAYG 15Gb data packs*, which last 90 days, for £25.

Works out at £1.67/Gb.

Anyone know of anything cheaper?

* I cannot recommend these because for the past year or so data packs have intermittently disappeared and I've had to contact Customer Services on several occasions to get them reinstated. This hasn't happened for a couple of months but it's too early to tell if Vodafone have fixed the problem. If you Google vodafone payg 15gb, other customers have experienced the same problem.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

I was so pleased with my Vodafone POS that I fixed it with a hammer.

Most satisfying.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Can't get cheaper than Three's 321 PAYG, according to them. 3p/minute for calls, 2p/text, 1p/MB data.

PAYG | PAYG SIM - Three

Top-ups don't expire if you avoid converting them to the to 'add-ons' that do expire after 30 days.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Can't get cheaper than Three's 321 PAYG, according to them. 3p/minute for calls, 2p/text, 1p/MB data.

PAYG | PAYG SIM - Three

Top-ups don't expire if you avoid converting them to the to 'add-ons' that do expire after 30 days.
        1p/Mb = £10.24/Gb

If I replaced my current Voda 15Gb @ £25 with that, it would cost £153.60.

However, Three are the next cheapest I've found of the big providers. Eg.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Love2surf-T.../dp/B07CH3B4ZZ
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Three all you can eat
          Pay Monthly SIM Plans - Unlimited Data SIM | Three
          Much cheaper

Comment

Good grief £25 for 15GB of data, plenty of options for either much cheaper 15GB or unlimited for that price.

I would go for GiffGaff, runs on the O2 network which has decent coverage. The missus is with them for 7+ years no issues. The only downside is they don't offer WiFi calling.

Comment

Smarty 18.75, unlimited. 1m contract.
              Moved my other number as well and placed both of them in a group for additional discount.
              Three network behind it.

Comment

Three offer WiFi calling

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  Currently using Vodafone PAYG 15Gb data packs*, which last 90 days, for £25.

Works out at £1.67/Gb.

Anyone know of anything cheaper?

* I cannot recommend these because for the past year or so data packs have intermittently disappeared and I've had to contact Customer Services on several occasions to get them reinstated. This hasn't happened for a couple of months but it's too early to tell if Vodafone have fixed the problem. If you Google vodafone payg 15gb, other customers have experienced the same problem.
                  not cheaper but lasts 2 years.
                  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Mobil...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

It's cheaper than Three sell on their web site
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                  X