A level student thinking of becoming a coder. A level student thinking of becoming a coder. - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 71 to 73 of 73

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by Amanensia View Post
    Well I'm a grey-haired oldster. I've been contracting for 20 years and my first and still lowest-ever rate was £750. You don't want to know what I'm on now. I don't think that makes me "special" in any way, mostly I'm just lucky that I am in a very in-demand niche and pretty good at what I do. Maybe when you get a bit older you'll learn some humility to go with your self-declared rocket-scientist intelligence. It's worth it, believe me.
    Forget humility, tell me your niche. I will look into it so I can be on £750 a day

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by cannon999 View Post
    Forget humility, tell me your niche. I will look into it so I can be on £750 a day
    Unfortunately by your own logic as you are no longer < 16 you will be unable to learn the new skills required to net you that day rate.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by cannon999 View Post
    Told the story before about the old COBOL guy at RBS on £1200 a day when I was there to sit there all day encase of emergency’s (after they lost £120M in 2 hours after they replaced him with outsourced resources and retired him) and fecked all worldwide swift payments - he fixed it over the phone in 5 mins and has now been there for 7 years since - to this day I will never forget the day when he was introduced to pair programming

I had to pick him up off the floor as he was laughing so hard we thought he was having a fit

4 pint lunch every day also

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum