• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    We have a fire stick at the moment, and yes for streaming they are cheaper, however I am wanting it for AirPlay and Apple Arcade - Apple (UK) as the kids don't have enough games to play with a Switch, PS2 and PS4
    If it's for games mostly XBOX One S is £150 vs. ATV £180 and you can get XBOX game pass ultimate for £35-40/year (first 3 years) vs. Apple Arcade £50/year.

The quality and quantity of the games on the 2 platforms are heavily stacked in XBOX's favour too.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      If it's for games mostly XBOX One S is £150 vs. ATV £180 and you can get XBOX game pass ultimate for £35-40/year (first 3 years) vs. Apple Arcade £50/year.

The quality and quantity of the games on the 2 platforms are heavily stacked in XBOX's favour too.
      OK. So I've wasted the money then it seems
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

well my normal 55inch 4k smart tv allows me to watch prime, netflix, youtube etc etc etc etc along with download a few other apps.

I can cast to it from my old android tablet which is useful for um other movies you cannot get on netflix/prime etc

I can also cast to it from my MacBook air if i so desire.

Maybe I am missing the point as i often do with Apple Products though.

Comment

Ah. Another iSceptic like me.

The only Apple product I owned was a IIe & I gave that away when Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde turned into Ye Newe.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I only have a MacBook due to the digital/agile/hipsters coming into our business few years back an insisting on using these devices...

I also have a normal windows laptop....

But yeah seems apple products are just an expensive way to do what other products do cheaper and often better.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post

The boys have iPhones/iPads so already have the eco-system.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                I only have a MacBook due to the digital/agile/hipsters coming into our business few years back an insisting on using these devices...

I also have a normal windows laptop....

But yeah seems apple products are just an expensive way to do what other products do cheaper and often better.
                Cheaper yes, better no always

My last Macbook lasted 7 years, I've never had a Windows machine last that long.

Also to counter OPM's point yes you can replicate most other iOS "features" with Android et al but the main selling point to me is that with Apple it all just "works together" there is no faffing around to get things working.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My last Macbook lasted 7 years,
                  I've never had a Windows machine last that long.

Also to counter OPM's point yes you can replicate most other iOS "features" with Android et al but the main selling point to me is that with Apple it all just "works together" there is no faffing around to get things working.
                  8 Years and counting here. Late 2011 model MacBook Pro. It's had a new battery but that's it.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My last Macbook lasted 7 years, I've never had a Windows machine last that long.

I agree some Apple products or good - this MacBook Air thingy I have is great, boots up quickly etc but all I really use it for is surfing the web n watching a few you tube video's..

Thing is most things just 'work' together with google/amazon etc - so can watch netflix on my phone and then pick up on my tablet and then on my tv - same with youtube, amazon music etc.

Anyway - each to their own so just use what works for you!

Comment

My 2008 MacBook Air needs a new battery. But still working

Comment

Working...
                      X