• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting rid of moles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Classic!
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Classic!
      I know.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Rodenator

This looks like fun.

Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 16 January 2020, 13:58.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I assume you do not wish to poison them?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I assume you do not wish to poison them?
            The siren is keeping them away at the moment but, if they come back, the gloves will be off.

From what I've read, it's quite hard to poison them because they only eat live worms and grubs.

Comment

Is your siren something along these lines, it was recommended to me recently:
              Solar Mole Repeller by Defenders™ GBP18.99

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Is your siren something along these lines, it was recommended to me recently:
                Solar Mole Repeller by Defenders™ GBP18.99
                No, from what I've read none of these shop bought repellers work very well. Mine is a DIY job, made from a very loud alarm siren.

I got the idea from this guy who tried loads of things, including a repeller, but nothing kept them away. He then tried burying a loud speaker, connected to a high power amplifier, and playing very loud music (Celine Dion and Cher!), and this seemed to do the trick.

How to remove moles from your yard

I've now got the siren on a timer so it comes on for 15 minutes every hour.

Comment

I've been having an going battle with the buggers making a right mess of the lawn. It's not just the molehills, they dig tunnels near the surface which collapse.

The missus doesn't want to kill them, so I've been researching non-lethal methods of getting rid of them. There's a lot of old wives tale remedies but nothing that really works. Most people have reported poor results with the sonic mole chasers you can buy.

A German guy tried electrifying his garden but that ended very badly (for him, not the moles).
                  2007 Darwin Award: Whac-A-Mole

A guy on a US forum tried running a hose from the exhaust of his truck into the tunnels, but all he ended up doing was damaging the engine.

I was going to try what this guy eventually found to work (Celine Dion!) but opted for a slight variation.
                  How to remove moles from your yard

A couple of weeks ago I stuck this siren (louder than a smoke alarm) in a metal tin, then hooked it up to an old car battery and buried it in one of the tunnels. So far, so good.

DC 12V 120dB Loud Wired Mini Indoor Accessory Horn Siren Sound Home Alarm System 6912851508892 | eBay
                  Move to Ireland.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Move to Ireland.
                    Nothing would persuade me to move there. The weather is even sh!ttier than here.

B&Q keeps trying to sell mole repellent to Northern Ireland | no moles in Ireland

Comment

Nothing would persuade me to move there. The weather is even sh!ttier than here.

B&Q keeps trying to sell mole repellent to Northern Ireland | no moles in Ireland
                      I'd move there like a shot. The Mrs argues that she spent 20 years trying to leave the tuliphole.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X