• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting rid of moles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    The Altantic weather systems conveniently skirt the South West coast of Ireland, do they?

Don't tell me, it's known as the Irish Riviera.
    Originally posted by http://ballycommanehouse.com/html/irish_riviera.html
    The magnificent coastline of Cork, the largest county in Ireland, extends all the way from Youghal to the tip of Beara Peninsula. Scattered all along are historic towns and quaint old villages that add to the scenic splendour. Aptly named The Irish Riviera, the coastline south of Cork city is the mildest region in Ireland. The warm waters of the Gulf Stream sustain an almost subtropical climate. Exotic plants and trees abound in sheltered gardens, and on a sunny day there is definitely a Mediterranean feel to these seascapes.
    Hth.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Hth.
      The southern Cornish coast is also described as having a "subtropical climate, exotic plants, Mediterranean feel". If you've lived there through a few autumns and winters, you know different.

Anyway, I thought you didn't want to be in the EU? The Republic is probably about as pro-EU as it gets.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

The southern Cornish coast is also described as having a "subtropical climate, exotic plants, Mediterranean feel". If you've lived there through a few autumns and winters, you know different.

Anyway, I thought you didn't want to be in the EU? The Republic is probably about as pro-EU as it gets.
        I don't remember that being the referendum question.

As I recall the question was "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?". It doesn't mention me or what I personally wish to do.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          I don't remember that being the referendum question.

As I recall the question was "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?". It doesn't mention me or what I personally wish to do.
          Your missus must either be a saint or stark raving mad.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Your missus must either be a saint or stark raving mad.
            Well she's not dead so that's the first option discounted.

Your missus must think you're a clueless fuqwit, everyone else does.

Comment

Mediterranean is pushing it but the rest is true. Feeling warm and being warm aren't the same to people. Unlike potatoes and daffodils

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Mediterranean is pushing it but the rest is true. Feeling warm and being warm aren't the same to people. Unlike potatoes and daffodils
                It isn't the temperature that's the problem. It definitely doesn't get as cold down here in the winter. But the wind and rain make it far from a pleasant climate. Although, as you say, not a problem for potatoes and daffodils, or moles!

Comment

It isn't the temperature that's the problem. It definitely doesn't get as cold down here in the winter. But the wind and rain make it far from a pleasant climate. Although, as you say, not a problem for potatoes and daffodils, or moles!
                  I haven't lived through Cornish winters for a long time, having grown up in SW Cornwall - I've visited in the winter but a week of drizzle is not the same as 3-4 months. I think last time I was there it was a beautiful day - beach weather in November - but they told me it was the first day it hadn't rained for 17 days!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    ...but they told me it was the first day it hadn't rained for 17 days!
                    Sounds about right. A handful of calm, dry days per month in winter (if you're lucky!). It definitely feels like it's got worse in the past 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X