• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New monitors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My desk is standup, but it handles two monitors quite happily.

I'm wondering if I can justify a Dell U4919DW (49", 5120 x 1440 pixels).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      My desk is standup, but it handles two monitors quite happily.

I'm wondering if I can justify a Dell U4919DW (49", 5120 x 1440 pixels).
      Same size and resolution as my 2 monitors for only twice the combined price.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh I know, but...

Comment

Oh I know, but...
          Get yourself a Gold Business Amex, register for the 10% cashback offer, buy the item, settle up and cancel the card. No fee for the first year of use

You can also use the membership points you'll earn as statement credits.

Comment

Oh I know, but...
            the linked article describes it as 'like a penis extension', not 'supplied with free penis extension'.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Really - not noticed it with my standing desk and two monitors on a centralised mount.

That probably has a lot to do with the 4cm thick desktop I put it on.
              My desk handled my Philips 40 inch monitor fine, but something about the weight distribution.

Had a look online and said that standing desks often have this issue. But if yours is fine that's great. Just my findings

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                the linked article describes it as 'like a penis extension', not 'supplied with free penis extension'.

HTH
                I like one of the comments, can i rotate it vertically

Comment

I think I'll just ask my Financial Director whether she's happy with it. The monitor I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I like one of the comments, can i rotate it vertically
                    Coffee. Meet keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      My desk handled my Philips 40 inch monitor fine, but something about the weight distribution.

Had a look online and said that standing desks often have this issue. But if yours is fine that's great. Just my findings
                      I suspect the weight of the monitors is nothing compared to the weight of my desktop - it's a cheapish solid wood kitchen worktop.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X