• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WAZE - GPS issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAZE - GPS issues

Just a quickie - I use Waze all the time. It is so much better than a car sat nav. Best app going or was.

But recently it has started not to pick up the GPS signal, it suddenly loses the GPS & cant identify my location - give correct routes etc

I have googled it , re installed it, updated location settings etc.

Any one else had this ? or any similar apps out there?

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Just a quickie - I use Waze all the time. It is so much better than a car sat nav. Best app going or was.

But recently it has started not to pick up the GPS signal, it suddenly loses the GPS & cant identify my location - give correct routes etc

Are you using the app on your phone, or is it on the car?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Have you tried another app like Google maps for instance (uses same data as Waze) to confirm it's the app's fault and not the hardware - your phone/car?

Last time I had similar issues it was the GPS antenna on my iPhone 6 that had to be replaced after one too many drops.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

One thing that may be having an impact is low power mode, whereby (certainly on Android phones), it typically has an impact on the functioning of GPS.

Ensure that no low power mode options are set, both at the phone and app level.

I've been caught out by this once or twice in the past and while it looks like the app may be buggy or not working, it's purely down to phone settings.

In short never run your phone down to near zero battery if you don't want to be caught out.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Are you using the app on your phone, or is it on the car?
          Phone.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
            Have you tried another app like Google maps for instance (uses same data as Waze) to confirm it's the app's fault and not the hardware - your phone/car?

Last time I had similar issues it was the GPS antenna on my iPhone 6 that had to be replaced after one too many drops.
            Thanks - always liked waze vs google maps but will try - but other apps using GPS dont seem to have a problem. But will try. Thanks Sal.

Actually Waze is owned by Google now anyway so theoretically should be the same.

"Google bought Waze for $966 million in June 2013 to add social data to its mapping business. Waze's 100 employees received about $1.2 million on average, the largest payout to employees in Israeli high tech".

Comment

Working...
            X