• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Azure Data Engineer Associate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azure Data Engineer Associate?

I am working towards this Azure Data Engineer Associate certification. This certification has two exams - DP-200 & DP-201. Is there anyone here who has managed to pass? Do you have any course recommendations?

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    I am working towards this Azure Data Engineer Associate certification. This certification has two exams - DP-200 & DP-201. Is there anyone here who has managed to pass? Do you have any course recommendations?
    It's Microsoft. The courses will be identical where-ever you go so you want reviews of the instructors more than anything else..

Or just look on udemy and watch the videos there..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The "official" MS exam courses are a waste of time and money. They are aimed at permies who are not bothered by time wasting and expense.

Plenty of free or cheaper resources on the internet if you are after knowledge.

If you are after passing the exams - I can see that examcollection.com is still going strong

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        The "official" MS exam courses are a waste of time and money. They are aimed at permies who are not bothered by time wasting and expense.

Plenty of free or cheaper resources on the internet if you are after knowledge.

If you are after passing the exams - I can see that examcollection.com is still going strong
        I suspect examcollection.com won't be so useful in Microsoft's new "show us how you do it" exam questions. It's no longer multi-guess to remember.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            It's Microsoft. The courses will be identical where-ever you go so you want reviews of the instructors more than anything else..

Or just look on udemy and watch the videos there..
            You are right. There are lab based questions for almost all Azure exams. Having said that, I am comfortable doing them as I have been practising with 30 days free subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
              I use Pluralsight a fair bit and courses/vids are usually of a good quality. Though, I've not done the exams for 200 and 201.

Microsoft Azure Data Engineer (DP-200) | Pluralsight

Comment

I recently did an in-person course for the first time in ~12 years.

I got a good deal through a 3rd party as it was last minute, and I was in between contracts. (mentioned here)

It was for the Azure Developer exam. Total waste of money. Was with QA.

Should have just used Pluralsite and Udemy.

Best part was the labs, and they are all on github

Comment

I will be attempting DP-200 in couple of days. I will update this thread with the outcome.

Comment

What a funny coincidence, I just passed DP-200 a few hours ago. Still feeling pretty proud of myself as there was tons of information to remember and the exam was long and hard.

I did not use a classroom training option as the timing was inconvenient and the cost was way too high. I didn't even use Pluralsight even though I had a subscription because I really get bored with information presented by video.

For the fundamentals exam, I used a Udemy course and practice exam found on Udemy. I guess it worth taking as an introduction to all the bits and pieces of Azure.

For DP-200 mainly I used the Microsoft learning paths and drilled for days with the official ($$$$) practice exam. And also bought some practice exams off Udemy which I thought at the time were out of date but actually helped with a question or two. I bought a bundle of 1 practice test, 1 exam sit and one retake for a discounted price but then passed on the first try. I found that just taking the learning paths was not enough to pass the exam and the practice exam was very useful.

Here's a fantastic page that helped me a lot:

Preparing for and Taking Microsoft Exam DP-200 (Implementing an Azure Data Solution) | Cathrine Wilhelmsen

Be careful about signing up for the 30 day trial too early, many of the learning paths include a sandbox to do the exercises that is free, where the later ones actually require you to have an account. Once you start getting into the DataBricks labs, you actually have to upgrade your "free" account to a paid one, but you still keep your credits. However, once you fire up clusters your credits go quick and I ran up £150 in actual costs before I knew it.

Monday I start working on DP 201, and that path looks much fuzzier.

Comment

Working...
                    X