• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Azure Data Engineer Associate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing, I can't believe there are classroom courses where you are supposed to learn everything in 3 days and then take the exam. No way, unless they simply teach exactly what is on the exam and no more and get you to simply memorize questions and answers. It took me more than a week to work through the learning path, and then 3 days of studying after that. Not counting the week or more spent on the fundamentals certification. I noticed that those "garunteed" pass classes use all kinds of weasel words on the garuntee. Looks like you can take the class again for free after waiting a month or so for the next one, but you have to pay the hunreds of pounds for sitting the exam again yourself.
    Last edited by hairymouse; 15 February 2020, 16:10.

Comment

Thank you so much. I am also going through Microsoft Learn. Just upgraded and now into Databricks. I will follow it up with practice test of Measurup.

Which specific topic related questions did you find tricky, so that I can prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
        Thank you so much. I am also going through Microsoft Learn. Just upgraded and now into Databricks. I will follow it up with practice test of Measurup.

Which specific topic related questions did you find tricky, so that I can prepare.
        I'd rather not go into specific detail about what's on the test, but when you take the practice test for the first time you'll be amazed at how much stuff there still is to learn. I actually had to double check that the practice test was actually the right one because they were asking about stuff I hadn't even heard of after I did the whole Microsoft Learn path. The good new is that there isn't a whole lot that is on the exam and not on the various practice tests.

Don't forget to keep an eye on those credits to avoid a £150 surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          I'd rather not go into specific detail about what's on the test, but when you take the practice test for the first time you'll be amazed at how much stuff there still is to learn. I actually had to double check that the practice test was actually the right one because they were asking about stuff I hadn't even heard of after I did the whole Microsoft Learn path. The good new is that there isn't a whole lot that is on the exam and not on the various practice tests.

Don't forget to keep an eye on those credits to avoid a £150 surprise.
          I am not keen on specifics as they are against T&C. Did you get Powershell or T-SQL or .Net commands? Did you have a lab related Questions?

Comment

I am not keen on specifics as they are against T&C. Did you get Powershell or T-SQL or .Net commands? Did you have a lab related Questions?
            To be honest, I actually can't remember what specific types of questions were on the exam versus the various practice tests I filled my head with. Also, I'd bet that the actual questions are rotated randomly to combat cheaters so if I said there's not T-SQL it might be different for you.

In general, there's nothing new on the actual exam that is not covered on the practice tests.

Comment

Yesterday and today I've been working on DP-201 and it's totally different. There's no defined learning path, and there's a lot of information about Hadoop and Spark that I haven't learned yet.

Comment

Exam today at 2 for DP-201
                Wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                  Exam today at 2 for DP-201
                  Wish me luck
                  Good luck. Just came out of DP-200. Hurray! Now on to DP-201

Comment

Good luck. Just came out of DP-200. Hurray! Now on to DP-201
                    Phew ... finally it's official now :-)
                    Last edited by BigDataPro; 27 February 2020, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                      I recently did an in-person course for the first time in ~12 years.

I got a good deal through a 3rd party as it was last minute, and I was in between contracts. (mentioned here)

It was for the Azure Developer exam. Total waste of money. Was with QA.

Should have just used Pluralsite and Udemy.

Best part was the labs, and they are all on github
                      I think there still is benefit for some people for in person classes. There are people (myself included sometimes) who just can't get motivated to self-study. It is beneficial in those cases but otherwise there is no point. Just self-study from free resources and courses online.

Comment

Working...
                      X