• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Action Pack....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just re logged in to my MS partner account (its been a few years) - they dont make it easy do they. I login - then click on Action Pack to renew - and it directs me back to same page each time.
    tell me they have moved on from only letting IE or Edge work on their site. Last time I did this a few years back their partner site wouldnt work with firefox. It seems they have learned nothing

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo1927 View Post
      I just re logged in to my MS partner account (its been a few years) - they dont make it easy do they. I login - then click on Action Pack to renew - and it directs me back to same page each time.
      tell me they have moved on from only letting IE or Edge work on their site. Last time I did this a few years back their partner site wouldnt work with firefox. It seems they have learned nothing
      Their browser compatibility is awful and I ended in some perpetual loop of nothing working. They have a new site, probably still built on the same bits of twig:

https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/home

If you can get into that, you need to go to MPN down the left hand side and hopefully you will have something there that allows you to give them your money.

Comment

Try IE 6.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I saw your post but I don't know how to do it. I guess I'd have to create an account for you in my tenant and trust you won't go shopping...
          Thanks for trying though! I don't know how to do it either or else I would suggest how. I'd bet that the account needs to have a credit card waiting to be charged when the credits run out, and it's hard to keep track of exactly how those charges are going to grow. I couldn't garuntee that I wouldn't accidently leave an instance of Synapse running at £10 an hour.

Comment

90 minutes of my time utterly wasted.

I used to have an old account - cant reactivate it, so created new account in the hope I can merge or copy over old account details to new one. Going round in circles, no online chat, no contact facility other than numerous irrelevant 'support' articles. Going back to my CV updates instead I think with a nice cup of tea
            Last edited by voodoo1927; 29 April 2020, 18:01.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo1927 View Post
              90 minutes of my time utterly wasted.

I used to have an old account - cant reactivate it, so created new account in the hope I can merge or copy over old account details to new one. Going round in circles, no online chat, no contact facility other than numerous irrelevant 'support' articles. Going back to my CV updates instead I think with a nice cup of tea
              You can raise a support ticket, I've done this in a past when I've had an awful time renewing my subscription to the action pack. The support tickets are answered pretty fast.

But yep MS and logins (personal/work) are awful. Never had any issues with site compatibility.

Comment

I have a Silver Membership and I'm still trying to work out what I get for 1500 notes a year. I am currently in discussions with MS on this and three weeks later I am still waiting. Ever get the feeling they don't GAS?

Anywho, granted the Azure subs is good for creating POCs and general messing about, assisting with exams and the like, but they give you all this software but what is that for? I had a potential client a few years ago come and ask if I could sell them a SQL 2017 Standard license. I was informed by MPN regional support I couldn't do this. I said, okay but can you help this one time as this is a potential customer with possibly more work.

They still said no, and the customer went elsewhere. I have the same thing now, client I have done work for in the past wants a new SQL box in Azure but doesn't have SQL licence. I have 32 Enterprise licenses for some odd reason. Can I sell them one?

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  I have a Silver Membership and I'm still trying to work out what I get for 1500 notes a year. I am currently in discussions with MS on this and three weeks later I am still waiting. Ever get the feeling they don't GAS?

Anywho, granted the Azure subs is good for creating POCs and general messing about, assisting with exams and the like, but they give you all this software but what is that for? I had a potential client a few years ago come and ask if I could sell them a SQL 2017 Standard license. I was informed by MPN regional support I couldn't do this. I said, okay but can you help this one time as this is a potential customer with possibly more work.

They still said no, and the customer went elsewhere. I have the same thing now, client I have done work for in the past wants a new SQL box in Azure but doesn't have SQL licence. I have 32 Enterprise licenses for some odd reason. Can I sell them one?

qh
                  You can't sell the licenses you acquire as part of the Action Pack membership - they are for your company to use.

If you're acting as a reseller then there's some registraton malarkey you need to go through. Start here and that should give you pointers as to what to look for that will hopefully answer your question:
                  Request a relationship with a customer - Partner Center | Microsoft Docs

Comment

Thanks for that, I will have a gander.

They don't make it easy do they?

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      You can't sell the licenses you acquire as part of the Action Pack membership - they are for your company to use.

If you're acting as a reseller then there's some registraton malarkey you need to go through. Start here and that should give you pointers as to what to look for that will hopefully answer your question:
                      Request a relationship with a customer - Partner Center | Microsoft Docs
                      Aren't they non commercial as well - so you can use them to evaluate but can't use them to create anything on a commercial basis ?

The first contract I ever had the guy used action pack to get his business off the ground !

I had Action Pack for about 8 years but then the Visual Studio and SQL community editions are great now and Windows 10 Pro came with the laptop. Office 365 small business edition is about £80 a year.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X