Webcam troubleshooting Webcam troubleshooting
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Godlike

Default Webcam troubleshooting

How does one troubleshoot webcam issues if you can test video and microphone pick up successfully on the PC using online tools but, for example, a remote exam proctor claims they are having issues seeing/hearing you? I had this last year when doing an ITIL exam and ended up having to move from my desktop PC with a usb webcam to my laptop where the webcam was builtin.

Now that I'm going to have to properly rely on my webcam for work, I want to work from my desktop and know it will be reliable but can't fathom how to be sure I've properly tested it.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    How does one troubleshoot webcam issues if you can test video and microphone pick up successfully on the PC using online tools but, for example, a remote exam proctor claims they are having issues seeing/hearing you? I had this last year when doing an ITIL exam and ended up having to move from my desktop PC with a usb webcam to my laptop where the webcam was builtin.

Now that I'm going to have to properly rely on my webcam for work, I want to work from my desktop and know it will be reliable but can't fathom how to be sure I've properly tested it.
    does it work ok with Skype? do you know what other apps you need? jabber/zoom etc
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Godlike

I'm going to be using Skype and Teams.

It's previously worked on Zoom but I've not used that in ages.

I'll find out Monday morning

Godlike

Turns out all my stuff works just fine

New team couldn't connect to Client's Skype but I could. Smug mode duly engaged.