• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MyCo has all of a sudden got a requirement for a new monitor!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Comment

Excellent choice

Comment

MrsMac has said its fooking massive, glad I didn’t go for the 27”
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

As I am saving tuliploads on not paying for trains or hotels yet on this contract I also splashed out on this:

WiT ScreenBar e-Reading Lamp | BenQ

Pretty nice bit of kit and lights the desk and screen perfectly
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            As I am saving tuliploads on not paying for trains or hotels yet on this contract I also splashed out on this:

WiT ScreenBar e-Reading Lamp | BenQ

Pretty nice bit of kit and lights the desk and screen perfectly
            that looks like a good replacement for my ancient anglepoise

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Come now; is there still a debate about this?

You know that you're worth it: Dell 38" Ultrawide
              Or for an extra £45 you can get 49"
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Or for an extra £45 you can get 49"
                It's thinking like that made me go from "it would be nice to have a two bed flat and a bit of a garden" to "oh for an extra £15k I can have a three bed house and 25" garden with off road parking".

Comment

Yeah but 5% extra for 11 inches more seems a no-brainer unless the spec is much worse(?)

I do like the Windows half/quarter-monitor lock shortcut keys but even so I reckon I'd struggle on something so wide. You'd take ages getting everything set up perfectly then reboot and it's all gone.

(Mac tools for multi-window splitting seem even worse)
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Yeah but 5% extra for 11 inches more seems a no-brainer unless the spec is much worse(?)

I do like the Windows half/quarter-monitor lock shortcut keys but even so I reckon I'd struggle on something so wide. You'd take ages getting everything set up perfectly then reboot and it's all gone.

On the mahoosive screen I bought recently, the window positioning stays put after a reboot, maybe that's because I use the Dell Monitor Manager to position everything (then turn it off as it's a bit too absolute). Except for Word. Word does whatever the jeffin hell it likes and will open fully widescreen or smack bang in the middle, at random. Neither position is where I want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Or for half the money if not less you could have 2 25" screens with the same resolution and far less hassle - which is how my office is laid out.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X