• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disney+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+

Signed up for this but on the Samsung "Smart" TV it can't find the app, works fine for NowTV, etc.

Anyone had issues?

Edit: Just been chatting to them, apparently my 2015 TV is too old! Has to be 2016 or later.

tulip,tulip, tulip, tulip.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 24 March 2020, 13:56.
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Many Smart TV's won't support it and the app isn't officially out until today and in the current climate I wouldn't be holding my breath for it to hit bang on time either.

Check your TV can support it first.

In an example model number – UN55MU7000FXZA – the two letters after ‘55’ refer to the year the product is released. ‘MU’ means the model was released in 2017, so any model numbers that say MU, NU, RU, or SU will support Disney Plus. Model numbers that use letters earlier in the alphabet, such as 'F' (2013), won’t support Disney Plus.
    I haven't tried it. Just spent 30 seconds on google
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I turned on my shiny new TV (LG oled55b9pla) this morning and there was a notification on screen asking if I wanted to install the Disney App. Nice and easy.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        I turned on my shiny new TV (LG oled55b9pla) this morning and there was a notification on screen asking if I wanted to install the Disney App. Nice and easy.
        Talk about rubbing it in

I bet it's absolutely fantastic as well isn't it? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Talk about rubbing it in

I bet it's absolutely fantastic as well isn't it? LOL
          Yes it is

My biggest problem is stopping the kids watching Mandalorian in all its 4k glory until I log off this afternoon!
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Yes it is

My biggest problem is stopping the kids watching Mandalorian in all its 4k glory until I log off this afternoon!
            Wow. Sounds amazing.

Just put it on mine and it's absolutely amazing. Just the best thing ever. Can't wait to watch it.

Comment

Available via Sky boxes - scroll down to the Streaming/Apps area on the left menu.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

See my new signature you bunch of gits.

Being a geek, for some reason fancy tellys don't really do it for me, I'm not fussed as long I can watch football on it from time to time, I actually get the wife to pick one. Seems like AO are having a sale on, some decent ones on there.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I got that too, first I'd heard of it that TVs could auto-detect new apps.

I really don't want to end up with a slew of these services so no thanks. I'll take a trial if I want to watch the the entire MCU arc in a month or something...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Me too but Disney+? Is that Mickey Mouse for adults?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X