Hacking B&Q's virtual queue Hacking B&Q's virtual queue - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 24 of 24

More time posting than coding

Their website is ripe for hacking. Recent penetration test confirmed it.

This is how bad their IT systems are: It is not technically possible for the back-end of ScrewFix (and the same part used within the B&Q trade online section) to limit the number of items someone purchases.

It states a limit of 5 masks per person per order, yet if you add 500 it will allow you to pay for them. They then - I tulip you not - are only able to refund the other 495 if you go into the ScrewFix store, pick up your 5, from which they can then re-add them to their stock again centrally. From which they then must send them back to central distribution via lorry before they are then added to the system again.

That's how poor they are. They don't invest in staff or their IT systems. The modern British way.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by rogerfederer View Post

This is how bad their IT systems are: It is not technically possible for the back-end of ScrewFix (and the same part used within the B&Q trade online section) to limit the number of items someone purchases.

It states a limit of 5 masks per person per order, yet if you add 500 it will allow you to pay for them. They then - I tulip you not - are only able to refund the other 495 if you go into the ScrewFix store, pick up your 5, from which they can then re-add them to their stock again centrally. From which they then must send them back to central distribution via lorry before they are then added to the system again.

That's how poor they are. They don't invest in staff or their IT systems. The modern British way.
    Any decent developer will blame the requirements specification for this glaring omission

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    FYI - B&Q Stores are now open

I got a much quicker delivery time from Longacres and Wickes for my Garden Compost / Soil supplies btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerfederer View Post

Seems like a good way to punish people trying to abuse the system... "oh we're sorry, well we have the money until you come in to sort it out"

B&Q isn't really an online store so I can give them some slack, Screwfix really is though. Their online/in-store purchases also run on separate accounts too. So if you buy something you have to remember which method in order to find it, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Doesn't B&Q run on SAP?