Best way to get some Azure Credits? Best way to get some Azure Credits?
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

More time posting than coding

Default Best way to get some Azure Credits?

I need some Azure credits to continue playing around and building new stuff just to see how it works. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could get some for free or very cheap?

I've already signed up everyone in the family for a free trial. I really can't ask friends because you need to provide credit card details. I know we've talked before about Microsoft programs that you can pay to subscribe and get some credit and I'll look into those.

Any suggestions? Is it possible for someone with some extras to sell it to me?

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hairymouse View Post
    I need some Azure credits to continue playing around and building new stuff just to see how it works. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could get some for free or very cheap?

I've already signed up everyone in the family for a free trial. I really can't ask friends because you need to provide credit card details. I know we've talked before about Microsoft programs that you can pay to subscribe and get some credit and I'll look into those.

Any suggestions? Is it possible for someone with some extras to sell it to me?
    Did you find any alternative way to receive free credits? I looked into the Microsoft Azure community for help but, no luck. It will be a great help if you share a route that you found if any.

Super poster

If you're just playing around then there are free tiers for many of the Azure services, and free 12 month access if can provide a new set of details.

Azure Free Account FAQ | Microsoft Azure

What do I need to sign up for a free account?

All you need is a phone number, a credit card, and a GitHub account or Microsoft account username (formerly Windows Live ID).
    Not tried it myself as I still get free access due to low usage per month while the stuff I'm working on isn't yet live.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Godlike

Microsoft action pack gives you £75 a month of azure credit. It costs about £330 a year but you also get 5xE3 licenses for o365 and a bunch of other professional software.

There’s a visual studio option as well but I’m not a dev so no use to me.
    See You Next Tuesday