• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another darn Chrome problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another darn Chrome problem

I find a lot of pages of online news with 3 panels, including ads, show the second panel as very narrow and unreadable, like this one:

London - Business news, local news, expert opinion - Business Live

I'm seeing this:

Fine on other browsers. Turning on Ad block makes no difference.

Is anyone else finding a problem with that page or similar pages on Chrome? Been like that for a couple of weeks now.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I use Chrome all the time and I've never seen that.

Edit: I just went to that page and it looks exactly like yours. Never Mind.

Comment

Cheers, not some bug on my PC then. Find a number of pages like that.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Looks ok on my Chrome too, so may be a screen resolution issue if you're using a smaller screen/mobile so it crushes the free flowing text around the fixed image sizes, or something like that.

That site is part of a whole host of crud from the company that owns various newspapers Daily Express / The Mirror and regional news sites, that I find best viewed using Firefox with a few plug-ins to block ads and trackers (Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin mainly), they are infested with it.

Had to clear all browser data within the last hour after checking that site on Chrome. Only had 20 odd cookies and other trackers.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Looks fine on mine - I am using PiHole to block the ads, tho...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Cheers for replies. I'm using a desktop, 1920 x 1080. Tried turning on/off ad blocker and any other addins, clearing cache etc, makes no difference.

Not sure ad blockers are much good these days anyway, so many sites refuse to load if you've got then turned on. More trouble than they are worth.

UPDATEIPOO

Oh wait. Didn't notice default data clear was 24 hrs. Just set it to 4 weeks and now it's working ok. Cheers chaps.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 19 May 2020, 17:33.
            bloggoth

Comment

Working...
            X