What programming languages would you use for this example web development project? What programming languages would you use for this example web development project? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Without proper end to end tests this is unrealistic to be done in a week. Unless you want to deliver a product that has unsatisfactory performance.

Perhaps you could apply your rules to your posts.
    Practice social posting
    Stay Alert
    - Moderate the Posts -Save Face
    Together we can beat the CV offenders

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The correct answer is python because parsing html comes out of the box. Yes it needs to go into a database as it should be searched. For images you can compare the size or even the name.

Sounds like a website that shows all the results of all the other websites doing the same thing. Copyright might be a problem there unless it's hosted in some far flung lawless land.
    Thanks. Yes legalities are potentially a minefield.

If you do use autotrader - how could you get around the copyright issue? Only use some of the description? etc
    Last edited by WHoSaidthis; 23rd May 2020 at 12:35.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Do not reinvent the wheel, buy an off the shelf screen scraper software which does all the heavy lifting for you. Write some rudimentary C# web api to get data out of the database and bolt on a React front end. All of this can be done in a week if you have the skills.
    would this project succeed in real life.? I doubt it. But then I doubted any of this comparison websites would make any money but here we are, they are making millions.
    Thanks. It's like a zoo out there with screen scrapers. Have you personally used any or are close to any out there?

Double Godlike!

Just use Endeca like Autotrader do.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    VB6

the 42 of programming language!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.