• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What programming languages would you use for this example web development project?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COBOL

Comment

X

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If the client is a big corporation do it in J2EE.

If the client is a small co, do it in Golang and store scraped data in Blockchain to get right keywords in your portfolio.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          X

Sure that's not FORTH - the only language where you can use itself to redefine the instruction set and command syntax!
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Pascal. Turbo Pascal if you're in a hurry.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
              If the client is a big corporation do it in J2EE.

If the client is a small co, do it in Golang and store scraped data in Blockchain to get right keywords in your portfolio.
              Top 10 IT Skills and Tech Skills for 2020 | Technojobs UK

I would use Python as the programming language.
              I would host it in AWS.
              I would use a Blockchain ledger database.
              I would use Cyber Security to ensure the data is safe.
              I would analyse the data using Data Science techniques
              I would provide a UI/App using Mobile Development
              I would provide IT Support
              etc

Comment

Do not reinvent the wheel, buy an off the shelf screen scraper software which does all the heavy lifting for you. Write some rudimentary C# web api to get data out of the database and bolt on a React front end. All of this can be done in a week if you have the skills.
                would this project succeed in real life.? I doubt it. But then I doubted any of this comparison websites would make any money but here we are, they are making millions.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Do not reinvent the wheel, buy an off the shelf screen scraper software which does all the heavy lifting for you. Write some rudimentary C# web api to get data out of the database and bolt on a React front end. All of this can be done in a week if you have the skills.
                  would this project succeed in real life.? I doubt it. But then I doubted any of this comparison websites would make any money but here we are, they are making millions.
                  Where's the fun and invoicing potential in that?

I could turn this requirement into a 2 year project. Kerrrrching!

Oh, and you might want a new Sig.

Comment

Or if you can get hold of an ICL1900 series, PLAN.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      Without proper end to end tests this is unrealistic to be done in a week. Unless you want to deliver a product that has unsatisfactory performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X