Java debugger stopped working in Eclipse 2020-03 Java debugger stopped working in Eclipse 2020-03
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

Respect my authoritah!

Default Java debugger stopped working in Eclipse 2020-03

I'm busy writing a plug-in for Eclipse, when all of a sudden, Java debugging stops. The log shows the error:

!MESSAGE Unable to find location of java.lang.Thread.setName() in debuggee JVM, for type java.lang.Thread

Tried restarting, rebooting... but no joy. Any ideas? (Note, as I'm developing a plug-in for Eclipse, I can't use another better IDE).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Should post faster

People still use Java?

lol

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by cannon999 View Post
    People still use Java?

lol
    Yes. And make money from it. lol

Prefer IDEA but, when I need to use Eclipse, I always use the one prior (so December 19 in this case) because the early releases do tend to be buggy in my experience.

What jdk are you using?

If you have antivirus software installed, I would disable that too (temporarily) - can sometimes interfere in unexpected ways. For example, I've had problems in Eclipse with both McAfee and Acronis.

Oh, and it's unlikely you'll get a better answer here than searching TBH... but you never know, I guess

Respect my authoritah!

I'm stuck with Eclipse as I'm writing a plugin for ABAP Development Tools.

It's strange - it was all working fine. No updates, not even a reboot - and then suddenly stopped working. (I didn't change nuffink, guv). Not on that laptop at the moment - but yeah, latest jdk. There's a bunch of exception dumps coming up in the .log file. I even tried doing a new install - it was even worse!

I'll try 2019-12 and see what happens. I know that I'm unlikely to get anything helpful here, but yeah, you never know.

Any OOMEs in the log? All bets are off w/r to weird behaviour at that point.

Edit: and I would definitely try to turn off your av. I distinctly recall jdk classes not being found in some cases when av has interfered.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yes. And make money from it. lol
    People also make money from using technologies from this century

Quote Originally Posted by cannon999 View Post
    People also make money from using technologies from this century
    People also make money from using appropriate tools for the job/client and not getting too ideological or caught up with fads. I’ll code in more or less anything that is the best solution for the client and pays my exorbitant rate