MongoDB - mLab / Cloud MongoDB - mLab / Cloud
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

TykeLike

Default MongoDB - mLab / Cloud

I'm trying to set up an azure web app, and it's instructions are as follows:

Code:
    Enter your mongo (mLab) URI in the Mongo Connection box.
    Your mLab URI will use the syntax shown in this example, but you must fill in your OWN information, not the sample values shown here:

mongodb://databaseUserName:databaseUserPassword@ds012345.mlab.com:12345/databaseName

For example:
    mongodb://sallyuser:sallypassword@ds012345.mlab.com:12345/mycgm
    Now it turns out mLab has been deprecated by Cloud Atlas?!

I've signed up for an account, I have a cluster and created a user to connect with, however I. can't for the life of me work out how to create a database. Can it be done through the webpages or do I have to. use mongo shell? If so once I have mongo shell installed how to I connect when there is no db, as all the instructions are how to conned to a DB, not create one in the first place!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

More time posting than coding

There used to be plenty Mongo databases available open to the world. Maybe check if any of these is still available? These didn't even have passwords set.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Iuse mongo shell? If so once I have mongo shell installed how to I connect when there is no db, as all the instructions are how to conned to a DB, not create one in the first place!
    Apparently when you start Mongo shell, it connects to 'test' db by default. You can also switch to non-existing databases by simply 'use my-non-existent-db'.

In the past I have briefly worked in mongodb when using Meteor javascript framework. It's easy to learn and forget, if you have been in RDBMS space for long enough :-)
    Last edited by BigDataPro; 26th May 2020 at 20:30.