• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Python metaprogramming and Abstract base classes courses/books?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Python metaprogramming and Abstract base classes courses/books?

I am not completely new to OOP, done a very very brief Metaprogramming in Ruby (pragprog has a fantastic book for Ruby).

Now I am looking for a good Python Metaprogramming and Python abstract base classes (ABC) courses or books. Any recommendations?

I do have subscription to Safari & Pluralsight.

For the ins and outs of Python including how things like classes and so on actually work, Fluent Python - O'Reilly Media is really the definitive book. Highly recommended.

Comment

Did you land enterprise client?

Why not just switch to J2EE?

Comment

J2EE J2E... Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
          Did you land enterprise client?

Why not just switch to J2EE?
          I have a strong dislike to Java albeit started using it from version 1.2 in 1996 and developing POJOs even 6 months ago. Unless I am writing plugins for NiFi or components to Kafka, I would like to stay away from it :-)
          Last edited by BigDataPro; 31 May 2020, 20:40.

Comment

I would ignore him.

Comment

I was a SUN certified J2EE Architect in those days, Able to swoop in on massive projects with "ah, well the SUN specification says this but, IBM, well".

Now I'm like, "JDK !4, HONEST TO GOD"

Comment

Working...
              X