• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vax VRS5W - Anyone got one or knows someone that does? Got a question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vax VRS5W - Anyone got one or knows someone that does? Got a question

Trying to repair the in-laws VRS5W who tell me no water is coming out but then the other one tells me its leaking out the top bit.

It's the orange model in the picture below.

I need a picture or someone to tell me what the connector in the machine that you push the new water reserve on to looks like. It's just a hole on theirs but the water reserve has a spring loaded valve so I am guessing a part is missing that the water reserve pushes on to. Anyone get a pic or a description of what they have to me please?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Have you asked your accountant?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You think I haven't tried that? Believe me, I only ask on here out of sheer desperation. The only other option I have after this is mumsnet....

Reported for trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You think I haven't tried that? Believe me, I only ask on here out of sheer desperation. The only other option I have after this is mumsnet....

Reported for trolling.

Are you providing on-site support, or is this remote?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Are you providing on-site support, or is this remote?
          I am isolated in a clean room (the garage) in full PPE, apron, face shield, gloves and mask. I even shout things like 'I'm going for his funny bone' when I'm rooting around but only people over 40 will know why.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 18 June 2020, 17:04.

Comment

User manual?

http://library.vax.co.uk/resource/71...QEd80V9cFZISS6

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Not enough detail. I need a picture or description of exactly what the hole the water bottle goes in to looks like. It's just a plastic well on mine. Am sure there should be some seal or something.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Not enough detail. I need a picture or description of exactly what the hole the water bottle goes in to looks like. It's just a plastic well on mine. Am sure there should be some seal or something.
                Google image search:
                https://www.google.com/search?q=vax+"vrs5w"+o-ring+seal+reservoir&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch &sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjm4uXvqIzqAhWHYsAKHaNuCzEQ_AUoAno ECAoQAg&cshid=1592516176168&biw=712&bih=1138&dpr=2 .25

Might show enough?
                Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Working...
                X