• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your Device is Offline Please Sign In With The Last Password Used On This Device

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing here, Wifi adapter is set to sleep in the power options, so when the device wakes, it takes time for the Wifi to connect.

Check the power management settings so that the network adapter does not sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
      Sony Vaio

WiFi

Personal

Yes

2 days ago

1 weeks ago

AVG Basic
      I used to have issues with my Vaio not connecting to the internet as the wifi would drop out occasionally.

Assuming your Win10 laptop is being logged in with your Microsoft Account, I recommend you set up a PIN to log in with. This is stored locally and doesn't require a call back to MS to validate your account password.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I'm guessing here, Wifi adapter is set to sleep in the power options, so when the device wakes, it takes time for the Wifi to connect.

Check the power management settings so that the network adapter does not sleep.
        Yes, I'll check that. Still don't get why it allows me to login subsequently when there's no wifi at all.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          ***not helpful comment removed***
          Last edited by Contractor UK; Today at 10:58.

Unhelpful comment removed that was a reply to a sockie troll.. The irony....

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 June 2020, 11:56.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I used to have issues with my Vaio not connecting to the internet as the wifi would drop out occasionally.

Assuming your Win10 laptop is being logged in with your Microsoft Account, I recommend you set up a PIN to log in with. This is stored locally and doesn't require a call back to MS to validate your account password.

Yes, but I do manage to get in on the second attempt. It's just a bit annoying and I could do without it. 1st world problems

Comment

Sony Vaio

WiFi

Personal

Yes

2 days ago

1 weeks ago

AVG Basic
              On a Sony Vaio? How old is that machine as Sony stopped selling them in the UK back in 2014 and gave up selling them seriously well before then?

I suspect the issue is that when you login you are offline as the drivers are loaded afterwards.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                On a Sony Vaio? How old is that machine as Sony stopped selling them in the UK back in 2014 and gave up selling them seriously well before then?

I suspect the issue is that when you login you are offline as the drivers are loaded afterwards.
                Yes, I bought it in 2014. It was the lightest ultrabook at the time & I like it for that very reason.

Comment

I mostly sleep it but restart every 2-3 days
                  WHY?
                  Laptops are not servers or desktops. When not in use, switch OFF.

So, next question - do you always get the issue, or only when you wake from sleep? Or only when you restart it from being shut down?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is anyone actually believing any of this?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is anyone actually believing any of this?
                      No, but I'm bored.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X