• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your Device is Offline Please Sign In With The Last Password Used On This Device

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Is anyone actually believing any of this?
    Sockies need to increase post count to improve credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Sockies need to increase post count to improve credibility.
      I'm not really sure why we give known sockies trolling the forums any time when (if) they really need help. Live by the sword and all that. Contained to General and that's it IMO
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        WHY?
        Laptops are not servers or desktops. When not in use, switch OFF.

So, next question - do you always get the issue, or only when you wake from sleep? Or only when you restart it from being shut down?
        True. Force of habit, I guess.

Comment

WHY?
          Laptops are not servers or desktops. When not in use, switch OFF.
          It's faster to wake-from-sleep than to boot from cold. I rarely switch off my laptop and it's generally only rebooted when I have to install updates.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            It's faster to wake-from-sleep than to boot from cold. I rarely switch off my laptop and it's generally only rebooted when I have to install updates.
            OK. If it's plugged in and switched on all the time then you want a desktop with a good power supply, not a laptop that's designed to be switched off.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'm guessing here, Wifi adapter is set to sleep in the power options, so when the device wakes, it takes time for the Wifi to connect.

Check the power management settings so that the network adapter does not sleep.
              Yes, that seems to have fixed it - it was the power settings for the wifi adapter when the device is on battery power that I changed.

and they couldn't answer that on overclockers. It's good here innit?!

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                True. Force of habit, I guess.

OK, but how about being helpful and answering the question about when your error occurs.

Comment

OK, but how about being helpful and answering the question about when your error occurs.
                  From sleep. There seemed to be a degree of randomness but that was down to whether or not the device was plugged in or on battery. I changed the advanced power options as per DP's suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                    From sleep. There seemed to be a degree of randomness but that was down to whether or not the device was plugged in or on battery. I changed the advanced power options as per DP's suggestion.

And try switching it off - will extend its life.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      Ditto. Well, almost. I disable sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X