• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using a Raspberry Pi as All-in-one pc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the wifi is unreliable, do you not have any means of cabling the laptop for when extended periods of online work are needed?

If that's not feasible, easiest plan B is to buy a USB wifi dongle. They come in handy for all sorts of unexpected reasons.

Comment

Good point, I'll order a nano wifi adapter from amazon.

Testmangler, she may get more bullying just for mentioning I am a contractor. After all premies seem to think we are scum

Comment

Stop your WiFi adapter from "going to sleep" before you buy anything?

Locate your WLAN Adapter. Note: There is no one name for the WiFi card, so you will have to go through the list and look for something with "wireless," "802.11," or "WiFi" in the name. Click "Power Management" tab in the properties window. Uncheck the box of "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

This should go some way to resolving the issue of the WiFi disconnection problem.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
          Maybe I should get her 2 Apple pro display monitors as well.
          Yes.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
            Good point, I'll order a nano wifi adapter from amazon.

Testmangler, she may get more bullying just for mentioning I am a contractor. After all premies seem to think we are scum
            Don't compound that view by having her seen using an ancient doorstop for a laptop.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Don't compound that view by having her seen using an ancient doorstop for a laptop.
              I think he's going for the full metal jacket look.

Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme 5404 i5 14" Notebook Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I think he's going for the full metal jacket look.

Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme 5404 i5 14" Notebook Windows 10 Pro

This is my laptop. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My laptop is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My laptop, without me, is useless. Without my laptop, I am useless.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

My daughter uses a Raspberry Pi in a robot car. She uses it for a couple of other things via virtual desktop, but not for schoolwork.

Comment

F**k me, is this CUK or Mumsnet?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      This is my laptop. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My laptop is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My laptop, without me, is useless. Without my laptop, I am useless.
                      Oh-oh. Open goal. Ahem.

"With your laptop, you are useless".
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X