• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chrome stopped working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome stopped working

On a Windows laptop, Chrome simply won't load any page even local addresses like the router - just spins forever. Edge works fine though.

Anyone else seen or know of such issues? We think Edge recently updated, is there a possible link - not been able to find an answer online.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Change your default DNS server * from whatever it is at the moment to the Google pair, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and restart. There is a bug in Chrome (and Edge) that takes forever to resolve the DNS address using servers outside the home domain (which is Google for Chrome natch...).

* Briefly, although you no doubt know already - open network and internet settings, change adapter options, open Properties for your LAN connection, highlight the IPv4 set and select properties, use the following DNS Server addresses (as above) and OK.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks, this rings a bell from years ago. Will try it out and see.

That said... We've been using Chrome on that machine for ages without issues. Why would it suddenly run into issues?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Thanks, this rings a bell from years ago. Will try it out and see.

That said... We've been using Chrome on that machine for ages without issues. Why would it suddenly run into issues?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
        Improved security apparently. Which works, if you can't get to anything...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Had this yesterday. My issue was Adblock Plus was hanging. Removed it's Chrome extension and re-installed it and all has been fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
            Had this yesterday. My issue was Adblock Plus was hanging. Removed it's Chrome extension and re-installed it and all has been fine since.
            I was just coming to report we had found the exact same fix. What a cock-up.

Comment

Good news. Whatever happened to testing!!
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X