Why do sites ask me about cookies every time? Why do sites ask me about cookies every time? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 15 of 15

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    And that's the explanation: if you tell them you don't want their tracking cookies, they just ask you again a few days later in the hope that you'll get fed up and accept all their crap
    But I have accepted them, why are they giving me a chance to change my mind

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    But I have accepted them, why are they giving me a chance to change my mind

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    In that case, they're just incompetent

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I was watching the latest QI last night and they covered why a robot can't tick the "I'm not a robot" box you see pop up.

Apparently, when you tick that box, there is an algorithm that scans through everything you've done in your journey to get to that point to see if it's human-like or not - right down to how you moved your mouse on the page . Basically, ticking that box means "go, on, have a good rummage"
    I use matomo to track visitors to the sites I run. You can replay user sessions...

[Video] Matomo's Session Recordings Feature User Guide - Analytics Platform - Matomo

( I don't )

Nervous Newbie

Pretty certain it's to do with EU directive.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    It's sites I visit at least once a week often nearly every day. Like The Register. Maybe they set the cookie to expire after a few days...

With so many sites now wanting me to look at a veritable control panel of cookie settings, I really don't want to have to keep doing it. I'll just end up "accept all" out of weariness.

Could be your browser is set to clear cookies and data when it's closed. I have this setting enabled in Firefox but they have a 'manage exceptions' override so can add sites I frequently visit so I don't get pestered every visit.

So now I just accept cookies whenever a privacy pop-up appears, knowing that most will be cleared automatically when I close the browser.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.