• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Azure Admin here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Azure Admin here?

Hi

I am confused on NSGs. Hoping that some one could help.

If you have a NSG at the Subnet level, will it be applied between VMs that resides in the same subnet?

VM in a subnet gets the NSG filtered traffic.

If the VM is filtered in some way, the NSG is applied to the traffic before or after the NSG, based on direction...

Azure network security groups overview | Microsoft Docs

Sorry, re-read. Yes, the NSG can impact VM<->VM comms within the subnet:

Azure network security groups overview - intra-subnet-traffic | Microsoft Docs

M
    Last edited by mjcp; 8 July 2020, 08:26.

Comment

Made it (after 2 unsuccessful attempts). Just passed AZ-104. And guess what. This reply helped during the exam.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
        Made it (after 2 unsuccessful attempts). Just passed AZ-104. And guess what. This reply helped during the exam.
        Good job! How did that compare with the data engineer one? Are you finding any contracts with Azure right now?

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          Good job! How did that compare with the data engineer one? Are you finding any contracts with Azure right now?
          It was very difficult compared to Data Engineer. I have already started the next contract role that uses Azure :-). But the point is, to be prepared and be ready :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
            Did you get any labs in the exam?
            Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

I tried to set up NSG for 5 VMs thinking it was just like a EC2 security group.

I just bounced off the technology. No idea.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
                Did you get any labs in the exam?
                Since Covid, there are no labs. They do have case studies, tabs with exhibits (portal, PowerShell) etc.

Comment

Working...
                X