• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPhone Vampire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPhone Vampire?

I got 4 month old iPhone and the battery life is appalling. I suspect it’s one of my apps that’s draining it but I don’t know how to weed the app out and kill it.

(I fecking hate WhatsApp but had to put it on this phone for work, I’ve not used it before. Could it be that?)

Help please!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Go to Settings then Battery. Scroll down and you’ll get a list of everything that is using the battery by %, over the last day or last 10 days
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My 10 month old iPhone lasts a few days of light use, or a full day of abuse.
      If no clues in the battery report wtfh mentions then ring Apple. You might have a dud. Only downside is they might may you go to talk to one of the bearded twunts at the git.. sorry Genius Bar.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Is there a new iPhone model due out soon?

OP.. Reduce the magnification so you can see more than two words on the screen at a time. Its all that scrolling trying to read a one line text that's killing it.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I got 4 month old iPhone and the battery life is appalling. I suspect it’s one of my apps that’s draining it but I don’t know how to weed the app out and kill it.

(I fecking hate WhatsApp but had to put it on this phone for work, I’ve not used it before. Could it be that?)

Help please!
          When you say appalling how long are you getting out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            When you say appalling how long are you getting out of it?
            Good question!

Less than a day (it died on me using ViewRanger during a 10 mile walk).

But I've done what WTFH suggested and discovered that it's using the Optimised Battery Charging option. I think I've trained it to be less efficient when it comes to charging.

So I have to retrain it....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Good question!

Less than a day (it died on me using ViewRanger during a 10 mile walk).

But I've done what WTFH suggested and discovered that it's using the Optimised Battery Charging option. I think I've trained it to be less efficient when it comes to charging.

So I have to retrain it....
              I tend to get less than a day but I do use it a fair bit. mmm I've never noticed the option for optimised battery charging.

Comment

I have an android phone, can easily get two days between charges.

But then at 4 months old, it really is time to upgrade again.

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS, 6.5", 4G LTE, SIM Free, 256GB at John Lewis & Partners

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I have an android phone, can easily get two days between charges.

But then at 4 months old, it really is time to upgrade again.

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS, 6.5", 4G LTE, SIM Free, 256GB at John Lewis & Partners
                  I got 4+ years out of my iphone 6 and only upgraded to an 8, so I'm fine thanks.

Comment

Screen brightness can make a massive difference. I've turned mine down and now get two days out of it on normal use.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X