• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unable to Download/Print PDF statements from Barclays Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Download/Print PDF statements from Barclays Website

Ok this is driving me loopy as I need to get my statements over to my accountant.

First things first, I’m on a Win 10 laptop and this happens across all browsers. I don’t get the issue with pdfs on other sites.

The Problem:

I can get a copy of a statement in one of two ways:

1) With the pdf open in a browser, click the print toolbar icon (or right click + print), select Microsoft Print to PDF and click print. I then specify a file name and destination. The file downloads and when I open it the headers and footers are there but no transactions show - that placeholder is empty though, on screen, I could see my transactions.

2) Again, with the pdf open in a browser click the Download toolbar icon (or right click + Save As). Now the Save dialog appears but unlike when I usually download a pdf, the filename is set to retrieveViewFile.form and the Save As Type is FORM File(*.form). What I then do is change the file type to *.* , specify a file name and click Save. The download fails with a “Network Error” message. I repeat, I do not have this issue with PDFs from any other source.

As an aside, I can download on my mobile device so I can jump through a hundred hoops to get this job done and I also guess it suggests it is a device specific issue. I don’t know what though - it always used to work.

Anyway, I rang Barclays technical support and , after 45 minutes, they told me there were no issues at their end and it must be a problem with my device.

I just don’t know what though....

Barclays OneLine Banking is, without a doubt, one of the worst websites i have EVER come across.

It was my business account and at onepoint the only way to complain was via one of their online surveys.

I'd put a tenner on it having nothing to do with your laptop, it's their end.

All I can suggest is to keep complaining. On Twitter if necessary.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I only have personal banking with Barclays, that hasn't been used in nearly a decade, so whilst I'm happy to test to see if I can replicate the issue I am not sure if the site is sufficiently similar to be a good comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Barclays OneLine Banking is, without a doubt, one of the worst websites i have EVER come across.

It was my business account and at onepoint the only way to complain was via one of their online surveys.

I'd put a tenner on it having nothing to do with your laptop, it's their end.

All I can suggest is to keep complaining. On Twitter if necessary.
        Try a different browser . If using chrome, try using edge or mozilla etc
        That worked for me.
        I had this same problem couple of months ago and believe this might be down to a windows update somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TNA57 View Post
          Try a different browser . If using chrome, try using edge or mozilla etc
          That worked for me.
          I had this same problem couple of months ago and believe this might be down to a windows update somewhere.

Umm....

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post

First things first, I’m on a Win 10 laptop and this happens across all browsers. I don’t get the issue with pdfs on other sites.

Comment

Yes possibly a Windows update issue because there was a pretty major update recently and when I download on a non windows device the Windows save as dialog isn’t invoked. That’s the thing that gives me the weird pre populated values.

I would suggest that they haven’t tested this against the latest updates.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post
              Yes possibly a Windows update issue because there was a pretty major update recently and when I download on a non windows device the Windows save as dialog isn’t invoked. That’s the thing that gives me the weird pre populated values.

I would suggest that they haven’t tested this against the latest updates.
              Highly likely. Use the Customer Service Survey to complain.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Windows & Barclays? ... Are they using any invisible ink? :-)

It could be the browser cache issue. Try a different browser / incognito mode etc.

Comment

Pm me over your banking username and passwords I will log in on my Mac and download for you

On a separate note
                  Anyone want free money ?

Comment

Working...
                  X