• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flutter / React / Angular?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flutter / React / Angular?

I am looking to learn just one framework that would help with both Web and Mobile development. I have dabbled with React and Angular. Recent entrant Flutter appear to satisfy both requirements and perform much better than the other two.

Is it true? Has anyone tried? have practical experience?

What do the job boards say? Go with the technology that is in demand and pays the most (follow the money)...

Comment

Blazor FTW.

Don't bother keeping up with the script kiddies with the latest and greatest javascipt framework as you know there'll be a new latest and greatest javascript framework out in 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
        I am looking to learn just one framework that would help with both Web and Mobile development. I have dabbled with React and Angular. Recent entrant Flutter appear to satisfy both requirements and perform much better than the other two.

Is it true? Has anyone tried? have practical experience?
        If you are looking at both web and mobile development I would focus on react and react native for mobiles development. Market for flutter probably isn't mature enough yet.

Comment

I want to learn for my personal project and not planning to find jobs as a front-end engineer. Having said that, I would like to minimise the learning / doing curve, maximise performance etc, so that I don't have to develop once for Web, once for mobile etc.

Comment

React is a library, Angular is a framework. I think if you've any experience with Java, c# you'll get on better with Angular and its better for teams of developers. React is faster and possibly more intuitive for functional programmers, but Angular is probably more intuitive for those used to OO languages.
            Having said all that they both support Typescript.

There are probably more jobs in the React Space in the UK than Angular but there isn't really that much in it.

Blazor is still quite new and there isn't really the open source support for it that there is for the other two, as well as you'll have to pay for any component support where as the others have open source component support.

If its learning curve you're focusing on.. Angular probably has a more steep learning curve but it depends what your background is.

Don't really know too much about flutter but Blazor is probably the better choice if you're already used to ASP.NET but after Silverlight I don't really trust Microsoft with stuff like this and it looks like a spaghetti code mess again.

Comment

Who is your target client? If some big old crusty corp when they may forget they pay you then you may forget about these fancy technologies and learn some JBoss, Spring, Struts maybe even Django.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                Who is your target client? If some big old crusty corp when they may forget they pay you then you may forget about these fancy technologies and learn some JBoss, Spring, Struts maybe even Django.
                Christ alive, didn't that old crap die a death a decade ago....hopefully it did.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Christ alive, didn't that old crap die a death a decade ago....hopefully it did.
                  Not worked on a JBaws project since 2013. I miss those 90 second start ups. Spring is probably used by most Java projects. 170 jobs on jobserve.

Still use Struts2. Just have to make sure you upgrade within 30 seconds of a new release and firewall off china.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                    Blazor FTW.

Don't bother keeping up with the script kiddies with the latest and greatest javascipt framework as you know there'll be a new latest and greatest javascript framework out in 6 months.
                    Blazor - which version?

The Future of Client-Side Blazor: PWAs, Desktop/Mobile, Native (and even Flutter?) -- Visual Studio Magazine

Blazor PWA (aka Blazor WASM aka Blazor client-side)
                    Blazor server-side (not mentioned in the above article but it was the first path to reach production ready status)
                    Blazor Hybrid
                    Blazor Desktop
                    Blazor Native
                    Blazor Flutter

Then will you target .Net Standard or .Net Core (soon to be known as .Net 5 which is not the next version of .Net Framework 4)?

Then will you use Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code (totally different products)?

Seems Microsoft can't help themselves when it comes to branding bloat and all the confusion that brings. Hence many will stick with the snakepit of Javascript/Typescript instead of being tempted to crawl into Microsoft's very own.

Choose your pit and always keep one eye on the ladder back out.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X