• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dyson fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'm so with you on this and have been an ex Dyson fan we've found out the hard way.

Yes... they are pretty effing good when you've gotten over the price of them but looking back I have to say we've had no end of problems with them all. I certainly don't feel we've had our moneys worth at all. Two uprights and three hand helds in and looking back every one of them have been problematic and have had to be changed due to infuriating problems and cost of repairs. They all get clogged with dust pretty easily, something I don't remember with other products. I seem have have them in bits digging out clogs more times than I care to remember and all have broken in the end. The handhelds all started working intermittently to the point we got sick of it and had to shell out again.

It's going to be weird not using them, bit like having your iphone taken away but I'm sure when the replacement lasts longer and does the same job for the half the price we'll get over it.

Overall not very good for the price we paid so we will be going elsewhere in future. Based on this we won't touch any of the new products. They look funky but aren't giving us anything new that existing products can't give so we are out also.
    There's only one mains powered cleaner worth having.
    British designed
    British made
    And a fraction of the price of a Dyson.
    The Home of the Henry
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      There's only one mains powered cleaner worth having.
      British designed
      British made
      And a fraction of the price of a Dyson.
      The Home of the Henry
      Sexist.

I got a Hetty.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Sexist.

I got a Hetty.

Ours is a Henry Xtra, it's 10 years old and has survived having an extension put on the back of the house and having two rooms sandblasted. Still going strong.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Ours is a Henry Xtra, it's 10 years old and has survived having an extension put on the back of the house and having two rooms sandblasted. Still going strong.
          Same for me. They last forever, all the dirt and dust goes into a super strong bag with great filtration. But they aren't cool or trendy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            I have one of these in my office - Aircon works, fans just blow warm air around...

Buy electriQ 12000 BTU Quiet Portable Air Conditioner - for rooms up to 30sqm from Aircon Direct
            The problem with single hose AC is that much of the energy is taken up by cooling its own compressor. Two hose ACs are more efficient.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

20 years old, never a problem, gets used inside and out: Amazon.de: Siemens VS59E20 XS Dino Bodenstaubsauger / 2200 Watt / Ultra Air II Hygienefilterung / rot
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                The problem with single hose AC is that much of the energy is taken up by cooling its own compressor. Two hose ACs are more efficient.
                It isn't in constant use, and automatically turns on when the ambient room temperature =26 Centigrade, and off again when it is =22 Centigrade. Sufficiently efficient (Occam's Razor).

If I really want efficiency, I'd put in an Split-Inverter system (it is on the cards for a cleaner install in bedrooms / living area).
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Never bought into the whole Dyson (fanboi ) thing.

Solutions looking for a problem. Over priced, over complicated, unreliable, made overseas (probably on the cheap).

For that reason I'm out.
                  Not sure a bagless vacuum or a super-quiet fan are solutions to non-problems but I agree they are VERY pricey - though we're not supposed to mention that on CUK!

I really like the idea of the fan - but hard to justify. And is it them that do the fancy hand-driers/cleaners, they always seemed a good product?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Not sure a bagless vacuum or a super-quiet fan are solutions to non-problems but I agree they are VERY pricey - though we're not supposed to mention that on CUK!

I really like the idea of the fan - but hard to justify. And is it them that do the fancy hand-driers/cleaners, they always seemed a good product?
                    Those Dyson hand driers are pretty unhygienic. Have a look at the crap at the bottom of one which gets sprayed around each time they turn on. They're good at getting your hands dry quickly and thats about it....

Are Hand Dryers Actually Full of Bacteria? A Viral Photo Doesn’t Tell the Whole Story - The New York Times

Using a Dyson hand dryer is like setting off a viral bomb in a bathroom [Updated] | Ars Technica

Hand dryers v paper towels: the surprisingly dirty fight for the right to dry your hands | Society | The Guardian
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'm so with you on this and have been an ex Dyson fan we've found out the hard way.

Yes... they are pretty effing good when you've gotten over the price of them but looking back I have to say we've had no end of problems with them all. I certainly don't feel we've had our moneys worth at all. Two uprights and three hand helds in and looking back every one of them have been problematic and have had to be changed due to infuriating problems and cost of repairs. They all get clogged with dust pretty easily, something I don't remember with other products. I seem have have them in bits digging out clogs more times than I care to remember and all have broken in the end. The handhelds all started working intermittently to the point we got sick of it and had to shell out again.

It's going to be weird not using them, bit like having your iphone taken away but I'm sure when the replacement lasts longer and does the same job for the half the price we'll get over it.

Overall not very good for the price we paid so we will be going elsewhere in future. Based on this we won't touch any of the new products. They look funky but aren't giving us anything new that existing products can't give so we are out also.
                      Feeling the same now. £600 spend on two fans that don't work.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X