• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dyson fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyson fans

As in the blowy kind, as I'm slowly become an anti-Fan. Yes that's a thing.

Bought an AM07 in June 2017, it stopped working few weeks ago. Out of guarantee, they offered to send and Engineer round to fix for 80 notes! I paid £350 for this.

Bought one of the new ones, a Pure Cool Me (should be Fool Me, as I have been) in April for £299. Stopped worked last week. In guarantee so getting a like for like replacement. Turns out they are out of stock, so have to wait until August 20th.

There will be a heat-wave now, mid August, nailed on.

/rant over.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Never bought into the whole Dyson (fanboi ) thing.

Solutions looking for a problem. Over priced, over complicated, unreliable, made overseas (probably on the cheap).

For that reason I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Solutions looking for a problem. Over priced, over complicated, unreliable, made overseas (probably on the cheap).

For that reason I'm out.
      For the vacuums I am a "fan", the v11 is fantastic, but the fans not now.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

A few summers ago we spent a month or so stuck in the children's hospital - they had Dyson Fans everywhere and I really can't say I was overly impressed. For the cost, I just couldn't see the justification at all.

I mean, they're pleasant enough but I certainly didn't come away wanting one. Better off spending your pennies on an aircon unit IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          A few summers ago we spent a month or so stuck in the children's hospital - they had Dyson Fans everywhere and I really can't say I was overly impressed. For the cost, I just couldn't see the justification at all.

I mean, they're pleasant enough but I certainly didn't come away wanting one. Better off spending your pennies on an aircon unit IMHO
          The always broke NHS spent its (our) money on expensive Dyson fans?? Say its not true! hahaha

Comment

Dyson "used" to produce quality products that were well tested and user friendly. For the last 8 or so years it has gone down must faster. These days Dyson is just a hype, you can only compare them to cheap Chinese products.

Comment

Dont think much of their vacuum cleaners but have one of these

Dyson TP04 Pure Cool Advanced Technology Purifying Tower Fan, White/Silver at John Lewis & Partners

works well but you could probably get something cheaper that does the same job. But it all works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

For that reason I'm out.
                I'm so with you on this and have been an ex Dyson fan we've found out the hard way.

Yes... they are pretty effing good when you've gotten over the price of them but looking back I have to say we've had no end of problems with them all. I certainly don't feel we've had our moneys worth at all. Two uprights and three hand helds in and looking back every one of them have been problematic and have had to be changed due to infuriating problems and cost of repairs. They all get clogged with dust pretty easily, something I don't remember with other products. I seem have have them in bits digging out clogs more times than I care to remember and all have broken in the end. The handhelds all started working intermittently to the point we got sick of it and had to shell out again.

It's going to be weird not using them, bit like having your iphone taken away but I'm sure when the replacement lasts longer and does the same job for the half the price we'll get over it.

Overall not very good for the price we paid so we will be going elsewhere in future. Based on this we won't touch any of the new products. They look funky but aren't giving us anything new that existing products can't give so we are out also.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Bought one of the new ones, a Pure Cool Me (should be Fool Me, as I have been) in April for £299. Stopped worked last week. In guarantee so getting a like for like replacement. Turns out they are out of stock, so have to wait until August 20th...
                  qh
                  I have one of these in my office - Aircon works, fans just blow warm air around...

Buy electriQ 12000 BTU Quiet Portable Air Conditioner - for rooms up to 30sqm from Aircon Direct
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    The always broke NHS spent its (our) money on expensive Dyson fans?? Say its not true! hahaha
                    Our always broke NHS bought 800 squid headsets, plus ipad2 airs with unlimited sims then deployed them unlocked

Comment

Working...
                    X