• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a new WFH office chair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markus one doesn't seem too bad for the price. It's about 10% of the cost of the Aeron. As a poor WFH permie, that has to count for something.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Markus one doesn't seem too bad for the price. It's about 10% of the cost of the Aeron. As a poor WFH permie, that has to count for something.
      As others have said, you can get away with a second-hand Aeron (or Humanscale) because they use high-end components that last for 10+ years, no issues. I would seriously consider a high-end chair that is used vs. a new, low-end, one. You can get a used Aeron in good shape for 200-400 quid (mainly depending on how loaded it is).

For example:

Used Herman Miller Chairs | Kings Used Office Furniture

I see they are down on stock, though, so I guess a lot of other WFH permies are having the same idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

How many shifts do they warranty it for? HM are warrantied (when new) for 12 years, 3 shifts per day. i.e. 24/7 use for 12 years. That's why they are the "buy it for life" office chair. I've had some good stuff from Ikea, but none that I'd call BIFL.

Also, the Markus does not have adjustable arms and has no fwd tilt. n.b. The model in the video is of unknown height... you may find your legs over hang quite a way... the HM comes in 3 sizes.

M

Comment

INKSPE

Office chair RS | Masterpieces | Lifestyle | Porsche Shop - Great Britain
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Pfft! "Delivery time: approx. 3 months"

Comment

HM Aeron's are work horses, personally HM Embody is superior for me, worth sitting on both to see what ergonomics suit if you go down that route.

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                Pfft! "Delivery time: approx. 3 months"
                I suspect delivery is always 3 months.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I just bought a "Secret Lab" gaming chair. They do the chairs for video game conferences. Designed for people sitting at desks, gaming all day. They have some fun options, with the range of chairs changing each season, depending on popular games or gaming events.

The best gaming chairs | Secretlab UK
                  Last edited by caffeine man; 29 July 2020, 14:05.

Comment

Another vote for Herman Miller Aeron with Engineered Now Headrest H3/H4.
                    When I was looking I could not find the Embody to compare them side by side so that might be a decent option as well.

I'd go for aluminium version in Carbon.

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                      How many shifts do they warranty it for? HM are warrantied (when new) for 12 years, 3 shifts per day. i.e. 24/7 use for 12 years. That's why they are the "buy it for life" office chair. I've had some good stuff from Ikea, but none that I'd call BIFL.

Also, the Markus does not have adjustable arms and has no fwd tilt. n.b. The model in the video is of unknown height... you may find your legs over hang quite a way... the HM comes in 3 sizes.

M
                      No idea but I spend 6-8 hours in it 5 days a week. I'm not sure what is mechanically likely to fail given that it is adjusted and that's that. At some point the seat will wear out - even if that's just cosmetic - and then I might replace the whole thing.

To be honest I used perfectly typical office chairs without any of this nonsense for years without any problems. I don't know most people really need fancy ergonomic chairs, if you're that bothered I'd suggest a standing desk might be better. I did that for a while.

None of these are going to help you if you don't instill good posture. I did see a chair that you were sort of 'tied into' so you were forced to sit back, not hunch over your keyboard!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X