Open Source Network Monitor? Open Source Network Monitor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12

More time posting than coding

Default Open Source Network Monitor?

In my client supplied laptop, Citrix keeps complaining "Connection Lost" and after few seconds "Connection restored".

I'm not a network guy, so I have little clue. Could it be because my Internet connection is dropping every now and then that I am noticing only now?

Are there any open source monitors that can be used to identify these drops, so that I can complain to Virgin?

Richer than sasguru

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataPro View Post
    In my client supplied laptop, Citrix keeps complaining "Connection Lost" and after few seconds "Connection restored".

I'm not a network guy, so I have little clue. Could it be because my Internet connection is dropping every now and then that I am noticing only now?

Are there any open source monitors that can be used to identify these drops, so that I can complain to Virgin?
    I had a similar issue working from home using Virgin Media as my "fast and reliable" Internet connection using their "wonderful" Hub 3.

Now I switched the Hub 3 to modem only mode and attached a decent MIMO LinkSys router. Since then, very fast Wifi speeds and no connection dropouts.

Should post faster

something like Wireshark?
    Wireshark . Download
    may be a bit sledgehammer/nut though.

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I had a similar issue working from home using Virgin Media as my "fast and reliable" Internet connection using their "wonderful" Hub 3.

Now I switched the Hub 3 to modem only mode and attached a decent MIMO LinkSys router. Since then, very fast Wifi speeds and no connection dropouts.
    Thank you. Could you provide me the link to MIMO LinkSys router product? Is MU-MIMO is the same as MIMO?

Found one in Amazon. Does it do the job?

Linksys WRT3200ACM-UK MU-MIMO eSATA/USB 3.0 Gigabit Wi-Fi Router with Open Source: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    Last edited by BigDataPro; 18th August 2020 at 11:26.

Richer than sasguru

Also I get the full Wifi speed (up and down) on every device using an attached router. When I was using the Wifi feature of the hub, the speed was max 40% of what I was paying Virgin for.

Fingers like lightning

I asked a Virgin engineer who came to fix/replace my Hub 3 again about this and he categorically advised not to do it. I wish I had ignored his advice.

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks for this

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I asked a Virgin engineer who came to fix/replace my Hub 3 again about this and he categorically advised not to do it. I wish I had ignored his advice.
    Ask yourself - if the Hub 3 is so good why don't business customers get given them?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Thanks

Couple of years ago, I invested in Powerline Wifi access point or something as recommended by VirginMedia - NETGEAR PLW1000-100UKS 1000 Mbps Powerline Ethernet Wifi Adapter Homeplug Access Point, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 802.11 b/g/n/a, (1 Gigabit Ethernet Port): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories. Will it become a complete waste now?