Teams query Teams query
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Teams query

Fingers like lightning

Default Teams query

I'm struggling with this so thought I'd ask on here.
    Am trying to get Teams on my desktop. It's for those occasions when I might need to do a Teams chat/interview. I have office 2019, not 365, but I can't seem to get Teams to work, & it wants to send me to the phone app (as opposed to installing on my desktop), which is not what I want. Any clues please, or is it even possible to do what I want to achieve without being part of a corporate network? TIA.
    Last edited by SteelyDan; 22nd August 2020 at 13:39.
    Clarity is everything

Super poster

Don't recall any issues I had installing the Desktop Teams app. I may have had to sign in with my MPN account and dl from there.

This any help?

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

TykeLike

If it's ad-hoc, why not just use it in a browser?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    If it's ad-hoc, why not just use it in a browser?
    Yep, thanks SM & QH, I've just managed to do that. One problem was my not allowing third party cookies, so seems to be sorted now. Thanks.
    Clarity is everything

More time posting than coding

Microsoft provide a Linux Teams package, but it's bloatware and fit for the bin. One guy has made a web-browser package that installs as an app and only loads the modules necessary for the Teams features to work.

You can boot from Ubuntu or Mint Linux, run within your chosen virtualisation software or other means and I have found it to be excellent. You can find it on GitHub:

GitHub - IsmaelMartinez/teams-for-linux: Unofficial Microsoft Teams for Linux client

It's easy to create a virtual desktop or boot install with your chosen Linux flavour with all your video conference apps and it seamlessly works whilst using your main operating system desktop. There's even a OneDrive command script install, also on GitHub, that makes business shared drive integrations easy:

Releases . abraunegg/onedrive . GitHub

Having experienced some problems with Zoom on Windows I grew increasingly aggravated until switching to Ubuntu and using these packages. As a bonus your computer will run faster and you can worry less about viruses and malware.